Harleygirl528 leaves tomorrow 1.11.08 for surgery on the 15th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update...finally made it to Los Angeles today and got checked in to our hotel which is only 1.4 miles from the hospital. We drove to the hospital and figured out where we need to go in the morning. We actually went up to the 6th floor which is where Dr. Raissi's office is as well as the CICU and the step down rooms where I will go after I get out of ICU. I am still relatively calm and in good spirits, which is amazing since normally I don't handle stress this well so all your prayers are definitely helping..keep them coming, please! I have a full day of pre-op tests tomorrow and then Tuesday is the big day...I can' wait to get this behind me and move on with my life. I am certain that things will go exactly as I have envisioned...a completely routine surgery and recovery and that I will not wake up with the tube ~ I am trying to stay positive and manifest my reality!

I will have my husband post on this site after my surgery to update everyone and I may get a chance to post again tomorrow night. Tonight is a peaceful night in the hotel with just my husband and I. Tomorrow the rest of the gang arrives to include mom, sister and daughter so I am just enjoying this relaxing night.

Thanks, once again, for all your well wishes ~ you guys are incredible and I couldn't have gotten to this place of calm acceptance and confidence without you!

I am certain that all will go extremely well. It sounds as if you have prepared as well as anyone can.

The best thing about this forum is that you know everything that will happen before it does. This helped me tremendously.

Wishing you the best, and we all look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able.

We look forward to reading the good post from your husband. With you in prayer!

Lorie,

In reading your posts, it sounds like we have a very similar history. I'm now 8 weeks out and doing great.

By the way, I woke up without the tube--I hope you do also.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Jeff

lorie

lorie

Hey Lorie, just wanted to wish you the best tomarrow and I hope all went well today. Well be praying for you tomarrow. Debbie

Hello All!

Just a really quick update...had all my pre-ops today and everything went well although hectic. it's really warm down here so that is nice. My 64 slice showed that my coronary arteries are clean (Yeah) and my valve looks good, probable salveage or slight repair. My aneurysm is 4.9 cm by 64 slice so definitely time to take care of.
Dr. Raissi called me tonight at my hotel as I was sitting enjoying some time with my family and said I have bad news.....totally freaked me out because I was afraid that the brain mra had showed an aneurysm since they did that today as well....apparently my insurance had not approved the surgery since his secretary waited until today to call for preapproval(I've had surgery scheduled since mid Decemer...go figure) so instead of spending the night at the hotel with my family I have to go be admitted through the ER and spend the night in ICU....I was really upset since I didn't want to be in ICU any longer than possible and really wanted a good night's sleep. Turns out that is the only way my insurance will pay for the surgery in the morning is if I am admited through ER...yikes. Anyway, I am literally off to the hospital now. Already took my shower and scrubbed down with Betadine (that was fun).
anyway, really, really love Dr. Raissi and I am absolutely positive I am in the best hands possible. Turns out his stats are really phenomenal. I'll have my husband post tomorrow after surgery to tell you about my success! Thanks for everything! Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming!!

Hey Lorie,
Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
See you on the other side of the mountain.:)

Hi Lorie,
Thinking of you today.
All my best wishes and looking forward for your fast recovery.

Lorie, lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Sorry about the last-minute hassle with insurance. I am sure there is a story there but all your friends here will want to hear first the big story about your successful surgery. All best....

Lorie,
Sorry to hear the night before did not go as planned. We have lit a candle for you and are saying prayers for your successful surgery...thinking about you all day! Will wait to hear the good news...
All the best, Betsy

Latest posts

Back