Happy that surgery is over!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tphillips

Hey there!! I had my aortic valve replacement and my aneurysm repaired on November 3rd. I am so happy that it is over. I am doing great. I was in ICU from Tuesday night to Saturday night because I had to have a pace maker put in on Friday. I guess my heart never started beating correctly. No big deal, but just something I didn't want to have to mess with. Thank you all for your support and we are so lucky to have such a great resource.

Wonderful, great news! Do what the doctors ask but don't over do it. I hope you now have a smooth recovery :). Do you plan on doing caridac rehab? I highly recommend it if the doctors and of course the insurance company give you approval.

Karl

I experienced the same thing u did. I had my mitral valve replaced and they tried to move me to step-down the day after where I went into complete heart block. Was taken back into icu for 5 days before they implanted a pacemaker. I don't think we ever want that to happen but it sure beats the alternative. Glad your doing good. Eat walk and sleep is all u need to worry about now.

Isn't it amazing how much better you feel once that pacemaker goes in? It's a bit of a PITA, but necessary.

It really does feel great when you're done with surgery!!! Now take it easy, wishing you a bump free recovery. Get all the rest you need don't overdo it.

Latest posts

Back