Happy 1 Year and 4 Months Anniversary To Me!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Better late than never? My Valversary was July 27th 2012 but truly it came and went and for some reason I had no desire to post. I feel better now at 16 months post op than I did 12 months. The magic number for me was 16 months to feel "good". I truly think by my 2 year valversary I'll be feeling even better. Different strokes for different folks... Did I say I run 20 miles a week now? Its amazing because I've never been a runner and even ten years ago I could barley finish a mile and I was 19 years old. Sheesh! :thumbup:

We truly have an amazing team here. Support and knowledge in our online community is the best I've seen. Truth is... Many of us know more about heart/valve conditions than the average MD and scarier some cardios...Yikes! :eek2:

Love you guys!

Well, I'm several months overdue on my 2 year valversary so you'll get no lecture on punctuality from me Julian... :angel: But I'm already veering off-topic, as I often do, so first off, let me just say congratulations!

Now, second, you may not remember this, but you and I joined this fine community within a week or so of each other. See it's been easy for me to remember, because as I once pointed out, you and I were/are two of the "mouthiest" (meant in a good way - quantity of posts) new members around, particularly back then. We've since gotten lazy though and been supplanted by some eager newcomers (I won't mention any names GymGuy :rolleyes2:). In any case, Julian, I still remember the spirit and energy you brought all the way up to your surgery day, despite the very poor physical shape you were in due to your valve. So I have a feeling that you are just the type of person to see this through, and I tell you what...12 months, or 16 months, or 24 months, whatever the case, it's the next 50+ years that really matter, right?

It's great to hear that you're a runner now, and I'll look forward to you sharing news of your first marathon in the future. :wink2: Best wishes to you on better and better, and if memory serves, seems to me a certain Southern California member may have once said: "To Infinity and Beyond!" :thumbup:

Julian,
How great to see that you are feeling so spry. It sure was great meeting with you at the Observatory, I had a great time just speaking with you. I know that with everyday, you will continue to make great progress. You are right though, different strokes for different folks. There is no set time line in feeling 100%. So now get going to "Infinity and Beyond"

Hi, Julian!

Glad you've finally "jumped the hurdle" and now feel better than before surgery. I am in about the same situation, except that my "Eureka!" moment was at about 18 or 19 months when they agreed to decrease my beta blocker dosage the second time. Now I feel like I thought I would - so much more energy and just a better outlook on life. I, too, am back to running. I'm not that fast, but heck, I'm 65 now. I jog as fast as my old knees will allow, and make up the rest of my workout time either on an Airdyne bike or just power walking.

Life is good, my friend! Long may you enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back