Got the call

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am praying for a quick and smooth recovery for you! The waiting is the hardest, it was for me. But soon you will be healed!
God bless,

Phil 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I am hoping Dr Gillinov will offer the options for plan B when I meet with him.
I am going on 63.......I am guessing tissue??? Or is that not the plan B you are speaking of????

Plan B is YOUR Choice, in conjunction with what your Surgeon is willing to perform.

At 63, a Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve is a good choice, unless you think you might live into your 90's. The untreated Bovine Pericardial tissue valves have a 90% chance of lasting 20 years when implanted in patients in their 60's.

The New and Improved Bovine Tissue Valves have an anti-calcification treatment that is hoped to extend that a few more years. Cleveland Clinic is a Big Proponent of the Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valves and I'm sure all their surgeons are familiar with them.

You probably know my favorite choice in the Mechanical Valve arena (On-X) and CC now offers that option.

As I said, it's YOUR choice. It would be good for your Surgeon to know how you would like to proceed 'just in case' the repair doesn't work to his satisfaction, which can happen as some of our members can attest.

I'm not trying to be negative, just following the Boy Scout Motto of "Be Prepared".

Hope all goes well for you and that the repair works well.

'AL Capshaw'

Plan B is YOUR Choice, in conjunction with what your Surgeon is willing to perform.

You probably know my favorite choice in the Mechanical Valve arena (On-X) and CC now offers that option.

As I said, it's YOUR choice. It would be good for your Surgeon to know how you would like to proceed 'just in case' the repair doesn't work to his satisfaction, which can happen as some of our members can attest.

'AL Capshaw'

On-X is your favorite ...even for "old ladies" like me?

I saw a thread the other day where the guy is now going for replacement after the repair several years ago. Said he wished he would have gone replace the first time. It did may me think abit.
Also all of this talk about being so tired and "not the same" is making me think I have no (very little) symptoms now.....perhaps I will NEVER feel this good again....maybe I should put off the surgery until the symptoms worsen!! Getting too real now that I have a date.....doubts and questons surface!

Latest posts

Back