Got my date, don't wanna be late

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim F

Well, I seem to be all set for surgery August 17, 8:00 AM, at St. Joseph's Hospital Lexington (KY), with Dr. Robert Salley. The plan is for a stentless porcine aortic valve (Medtronic Freestyle -- the name makes it sound so fun!), possible replacement of the aortic root, and repair-in-place of the mitral valve, but we all know that the surgeon will do what he needs to do once he gets in there.

After something like sixteen years in the waiting room, and after watching my father and uncle go through this process, I think I'm about as ready as I will ever be. I've got a substitute priest lined up at the church through the end of September, and I'm getting my parishioners trained to take care of one another while I'm out. It will be good for all of us to realize that the parish won't collapse without Father Tim.

Please pray for me, and I'll check in when I'm able. May God bless you all.

Well, I seem to be all set for surgery August 17, 8:00 AM, at St. Joseph's Hospital Lexington (KY), with Dr. Robert Salley. The plan is for a stentless porcine aortic valve (Medtronic Freestyle -- the name makes it sound so fun!), possible replacement of the aortic root, and repair-in-place of the mitral valve, but we all know that the surgeon will do what he needs to do once he gets in there.

After something like sixteen years in the waiting room, and after watching my father and uncle go through this process, I think I'm about as ready as I will ever be. I've got a substitute priest lined up at the church through the end of September, and I'm getting my parishioners trained to take care of one another while I'm out. It will be good for all of us to realize that the parish won't collapse without Father Tim.

Please pray for me, and I'll check in when I'm able. May God bless you all.

Boy you clergymen really hang together ......you got this news to share on (Pastor) Mike's 60th Birthday http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/member.php?1656-Mike

Entered on the family calendar

Godspeed Tim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back