got a date in india

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh Oh......I think our friend Chou is busy downloading grossness for us.

On a serious note:

Several years back, they had a segment on TV & I can't remember if it was "Dateline" or "48 hours" & they showed, in detail, the cruel and inhumane treatment & slaughter of dogs & cats which to US, are members of our family. I remember I was so shocked & traumatized that for weeks I had terrible nightmares!

Believe me, you don't want to see this my friend!!!

Many years ago I saw a clip on TV, but I forget whether it was Korea or
Vietnam....anyway, they were indeed beating and slaughtering dogs.
Let's talk about that streetside dentist instead!

while that picture is pretty gross to look at I bet if folks saw how the stuff in their local grocery was processed they would all become vegans. Cows and lambs are indeed yummy but their is a less than attractive process from the field to the grocery.

On a serious note:

Several years back, they had a segment on TV & I can't remember if it was "Dateline" or "48 hours" & they showed, in detail, the cruel and inhumane treatment & slaughter of dogs & cats which to US, are members of our family. I remember I was so shocked & traumatized that for weeks I had terrible nightmares!

Believe me, you don't want to see this my friend!!!

I remember that Dateline episode and I'm still not normal...

there is a disconnect, we're so used to buying meat in grocery stores, cleaned and
packaged in styrofoam and plastic wrap, no idea where it came from. in the states,
unless you hunt, you really don't know. other parts of the world are different.

there is a disconnect, we're so used to buying meat in grocery stores, cleaned and
packaged in styrofoam and plastic wrap, no idea where it came from. in the states,
unless you hunt, you really don't know. other parts of the world are different.

Yep ... in general we have no clue where that meat came from or the conditions it was raised or processed in .... "don't ask, don't know, don't get sick, don't much care..... but that?s me ? not heartless just realistic?.

We discussed this a couple of weeks ago after Oprah aired her show on "Where does your Meat come From?"
I have no problem with eating limited amounts of meat. BUT my meat comes from neighbours who raise the cows outside, and I know who kills them (In an instant) and I know who butchers them. Same for chickens and eggs. I know this is harder to do in the cities, but an effort can be made, and consumption reduced to only what is necessary.
I am a realist and I have a conscience.

Great news!

Great news!

GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT THE PLANS IN PLACE!
Now, as for China, do you mean to tell me that what we saw in the Olympics was a put on for the res of the world? That the wonderful PEOPLES Republic is NOT the Mecca of COMMUNIST bliss that we are told to believe it is. To borrow a quote from a great Governor, "SAY IT ISN'T SO JOE"
I know some may not agree with me doing this here but, I just had to.
I'll get off my soap box now.

Getting back to the surgery in India thing...
Believe it or not, there is a lot of that stuff going on in China. I have been reading in the throw-away medical journals that a lot of folks from the US and other parts of the world have been going to China to get their surgeries; mostly organ transplants, since the US has such stringent rules and the waiting list is so long. That includes heart transplants. Much conjecture about where the organs come from...
The same thing goes on in India, of course. Most of the docs are trained in the UK or the US, anyway. And more and more of the Chinese docs train there, too.
Traditional Chinese medicine has about the same "cure" rate as Western medicine. It may not be quite as good for the diabetes and such, since those maladies are more prevalent in the Western world with its poor diet and desk-jockey problems, but for other stuff- how can you argue with the tried-and-true used for centuries?
We'll all be cheering for you back here.

Rare Beautiful Fall Day in Idaho,
-Laura

sheepdog: thou art not wrongeth. of course it was a show, but isn't every
olympics? (not to defend china, but take a gander at your 401k - living in
the mecca of capitalism?) china has some serious problems, agreed. they
certainly have a long way to go, not sure they'll make it, as it's already
been 5000 years. one major obstacle is the language. ask a kindergartener
how many letters, they all know...26. ask a chinese linguistics professor
how many characters....no one knows. good estimate is 60-70,000. you
need the most common 3000 to be moderately literate, so kids spend the
first 5-6 years learning characters, then memorizing words (combinations
of characters), then memorizing texts and quotes. doesn't leave much time
for creativity or originality or learning to think. which is why you can name
all the great contributions to science on one hand....gunpowder and paper
and a few others, but nothing in the last, oh 3000 years. which brings us
to....

pairadocs: you can argue with the tried-and-true, when most times it seems
to be tried-and-not-true. other than as a placebo effect, much of tcm in
my opinion is worthless. naturally, over 5000 years, just by trial and error,
you'll come up with some things that work, but mostly it seems to be
repetition of what was done before, which was done then because it was
done before, and not necessarily because it worked then or works now.

That's an interesting picture. It made me laugh! I guess the locals are aware of the tree and surely can avoid it. But it must be quite scary if you are not from the area and are driving at night.

Trees have the right of way, I guess.

Ha-ha

Ha-ha

My spelling stinks with 26 characters, I can't imagine wat it would be like with 60,000-70,000.

nancy: driving at night is fun, not many streetlights, yet drivers often do not use
headlights. guess they're trying to save gas. to this you add no concept of right-
of-way, and the only real rule is "what's convenient for me." crossing the steet is
like the old video game "frogger," except nothing goes in a straight line. and the
alligators and logs didn't have cell phones.

88: no spelling here. all those characters and they only have 400 sounds. (really limits
the integration of foreign words) the sound has no relation to the way the character
is composed (some do, or used to, but can't count on it), or the number of strokes.
just gotta memorize. so when you can't remember how to write a character, you're
pretty much screwed. at least in modern languages you can spell fonetikly (mispelled,
but you know what i mean, so i've made my point), here if you can't remember how
to write "sneeze," you don't have any options. and searching for words in a
dictionary is time-consuming, just two complicated. seems the written language
was designed to keep the population illiterate.

Latest posts

Back