Good news for Brian

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briansmom

Thank you all for your prayers because I think they are working. They decided to do a renal CT today in spite of his creatinine being at 5.2 (the dye for the CT is REALLY hard on the kidneys). Lo and behold, they found that the artery feeding the kidney was almost completely closed. They immediately put in a stent and are hoping for a full recovery for Brian. He is on dialysis right now, but they are hoping that he will only need one treatment. He has already made 700 CCs of urine. They don't know if his reduced cardiac function overall caused the blockage or if there is something else that we need to look for; but for now things are looking way up.

Thanks for being there - again!!!

Not that you wanted a nearly closed artery, but thank heavens that what it was. At least it's fixable. Will be waiting to hear if they discover the why. I'm sure you're all feeling a sense of relief.

Good news at last. Sounds like you've got some excellent doctors. I so hope Brian is feeling some emotional relief, too. What a lot to go through. What a champ!

Hang in there, mama!!!! You're doing great.

Best wishes!

Marguerite

Ross I'm not sure you want to know how they stent it.......remember your catheter after surgery????? My son was born with a stenotic ureter and that poor baby had stents in and out for a year.

So happy to hear DeAnne that this is probably not cardiac related. Great news! Hope he's feeling better quickly.

great news towake up to ! and, in view of all other possibilities, a quick fix. hope he' up and about soon, and don't forget to have a member of the psych dept have a chat with him if you think he needs it.

Wow, that is such good news! I know this sounds weird, but I actually got goose bumps reading your post, the power of prayer never ceases to amaze me. :D

Deanne, I hope that things continue to move in a positive direction for you and Brian. Hopefully his kidneys will begin to do their job and no further dialysis is needed. Please give him a huge hug for me.:)

Deanne - that is good news. Here's praying that he only goes up from here! Now, you get some rest.....you are no good to him if you get sick from no sleep!!!!

Deanne, I am so happy they have found the problem and able to fix it. I will keep praying Brian continues to recover nicely.

Lori

Ross I'm not sure you want to know how they stent it.......remember your catheter after surgery????? My son was born with a stenotic ureter and that poor baby had stents in and out for a year.

So happy to hear DeAnne that this is probably not cardiac related. Great news! Hope he's feeling better quickly.

I know how they stent a Ureter, but not sure how they'd do a small vessel.
Those ureter stents long suckers from the kidney down to the bladder.

Back