Good news/bad news for Brian

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briansmom

The good news:
They called us at 8 this morning and said that they had decided not to do the left heart cath/angiogram but that they wanted Brian to have an echo and a meeting with the doctors. Brian is part of the "transplant" group at his hospital and all of the transplant docs get together every Thursday to review patients. They all reviewed Brian's CTA and decided that a stent would be almost impossible. They actually don't recommend we do anything since the bypass that is narrowed is only supplying about 10% of the blood flow to his heart and it is supplying it to the area of his heart that was damaged in his previous heart attack. They don't think he will notice even if it becomes 100% blocked. Brian is not having any specific symptoms and says he is feeling pretty good.

The bad news:
Brian's echo showed an EF of only 25%. They have restarted him on Lisinopril (which was stopped when he was having the kidney problem) and are hoping that his EF will improve. He has to have a VO2max test in a few weeks to see if there is improvement or if it is time to start thinking about a heart transplant.

Thank you all for your prayers. I think today was still pretty good news.

I too, am glad that Brian is feeling good. Let's hope the lisinopril helps without involving the kidney issue again.

Deanne, I hope that this drug does it's job and brings up his EF without causing problems with his kidneys. I think sending his stuff to CC is a good move.

Kim

I'm glad Brian is feeling well. I hope the meds help and a transplant is not in his future. I'll keep the two of you and the rest of your family in my prayers!

Keeping Brian in my nightly prayers! I hope that he continues to feel good & that the med works for him! I pray too, that a transplant is not necessary!

Take care!

Dear Briansmom.
I did not see this information about Brian and sent on the old site. I hope the medicine helps Brian. I know you are terribly worried.

Brian and you will be in my prayers. Lisinopril is a great drug. My thoughts will be that it does what is needed. The very best of luck to you.
Jane

Glad Brian is feeling well ... thoughts/prayers continuing, of course....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The scar, that scar remains" ... Poison ... 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'

Crossing fingers that you will get good news when it comes time for the V02max test. Ross is right, some folks have more than their share of bad luck. Hoping you get some good news.

Melissa

I missed this thread, but keep Brian in my prayers. I am so glad he is feeling better. Sending a big hug to you Deanne, Brian

Back