Good automatic blood pressure cuff?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoMammy

I have had a blood pressure cuff for a couple of years but honestly I think the readings are way off. I checked it against the doctor's office readings and it read high. Last night was ridiculously low.

Does anyone have one that they know is accurate and has stayed that way for some time?

Thanks

I've used an Omoron blood pressure monitor for the past 10 years or so. Gives BP along with a pulse rate and records the last 10 readings in it's memory. Never had any problems with it.

I also have an Omron monitor. I have used it for more than 10 years and it is still pretty spot on with my doctor's office. In fact when my doctor was doubting my readings, I took the monitor in to compare and my monitor was almost exactly the same as his on the wall model. And the cost is not too prohibitive.

I too have a Omron series 10.
There are different models (series) and it can be confusion when comparing each model.
May I suggest to do some homework (Google) before you purchase one that's best for you.

Count me as another satisfied Omron monitor user. Ours is due for replacement now, after about 12 years of daily use it reads about 10 points higher than my cardio's unit. I've checked it against theirs on two occasions and found about the same error, but after 12 years of accurate readings, I don't feel too bad.

I too use an Omron. I've had it for almost two years now and like it a lot. I have one that has some bells and whisles -- it can automatically do three checks with a set time in between and average them or simply do a single one. It also keeps records of your results. I was happy to see the exact mjodel I had purchased recently at a local community health fair being used by nurses from my medical group, so I stopped and asked them what they thought of it and they said it was great.

Dan

Looking at the Omran products.
http://www.omronhealthcare.com/home-products/blood-pressure-monitors/

I see the 10 series mentioned. Is it worth the extra cash over say the 3 series. For instance is the 3 justg as accurate and reliable as the 10 series?

I would say that it is, after all it's made by Omron.

I believe that Dan explained the Series 10 model. The 10 series may also have a bigger memory and it also keeps track of a second person along with doing a "guest". It also can run on batteries and has a AC adapter.

I, too, have the Series 10 model from Omron and found that it is very consistent. I've always been of the thought process that if it is something you plan on having for more than a season of use, might as well get the one with all the functions. My 7 year old also uses it, if only for purposes of feeling "very grown up"... I am very happy with the Omron.

Sorry - told you everything BUT the model on my description above. Mine is a seven series, model HEM-780. It does keep track of two people and stores records, though you cannot download them to a computer. Still, exactly what I was looking for and a good piece of equipment.
I see the ten series has some new features since I researched and purchased my unit, which was my first. All depends on what you think you'll need -- I agree with others that all the Omron monitors should be good and do the basic job very well.

Dan

I have an Omron that tracks two people, has a "guest" readuing mode, tells whether I am arrhythmic, and even critiques how well I placed the cuff. It matched the doctor's, as well as the previous Omron did (which I gave to someone). They are a part of AnD now (or vice-versa), which was reknowned for accuracy. I had an old AnD model for years that worked great until I finally dropped it for the nth time on a hard floor.

As long as you test it out in your doctor's office once in a while, most current brands are quite accurate (wrist and finger models not as much).

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back