Going to see my surgeon Friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soccerdad

Had my cath on Monday. Arteries look great. No blockage. Valve is tight. Meeting with surgeon (McGiffin / UAB Kirklin Clinic) on Friday. Hope to get everything squared away then. More than likely will opt for St. Jude mechanical.

Good luck soccerdad! Hope your course is as benign as mine has been (it should be with no CAD). I'm 4 weeks post-op today and feel like a $million.

Wishing you the Best,and there is alot to say for hope,optimism and faith..
I think it carries alot of us thru.

Had echo today and met with Dr. McGiffin (UAB Kirklin Clinic). What a super guy. Explained everything to me in a way that I could understand and was quite confident this would be nothing less than a great outcome for me. Scheduled to get a St. Jude mechanical on Dec 29th. I'm ready.

Soccerdad, sounds like you had a great meeting with the sugeon. Im glad your having such a positive attitude toward this. I think that helps with recovery. Good luck.

From one soccer coach to another - good luck with everything and will be thinking about you. We are close in age ( I am 42) and I just had an AVR in July, with a bovine tissue valve. Very uneventful recovery and feeling great. You will do fantastic.....

Latest posts

Back