Get your rooms now...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the golf is on Fri AM in Castle Rock.

I'm planning to be there on Friday only but will not need a room.

Just booked our room for Golden!

Just booked our room for Golden!

I booked it for Thurs, Fri and Sat night. The guy was very nice and told me that it is now possible to cancel by 4pm the day that you planned to stay.
He said they recently changed their policy from requiring 24 hours.

That was great to hear, what with my grandbaby due to arrive right around that time. I'm pretty sure we'll be there at some point, but might come later, or leave earlier... depending on what happens.

Ok, I did it, I booked mine...now the rest of you guys, get with it! :D

Woo-hoo, I got the o.k. to go this evening. I've wanted to go for the last five years and am finally getting to this year :) If anyone thinks he/she might be arriving late afternoon on Friday and wants to split the cost on a rental car, P.M. me and let me know. I'm so excited!!!

You tell 'em Jean!

You tell 'em Jean!

We vr.commers notoriously procrastinate when it comes to committing to attending reunions. :confused:

There?s probably a correlation with our heart problems there somewhere.... :eek: lol

No more procrastinating for me......I finally did it!!!!! :D I don't know what took me sooo long...it really was quite easy!! :rolleyes: Come on you guys, "Just do it"!! ;)

I wanted to go but I guess we have a wedding to go to in Cape Cod instead, a long time friend of my husband's. What a bummer!

Heather

Lady Dottie Mae

Lady Dottie Mae

Dottie and I are pleased the hotel is pet friendly. It looks nice from the picture. Kinda makes you wanna get in a car and drive 1000 mile or so to get there. We will try but without that guy from Ireland...Billy... it may not be as good....rz

I get sadder and sadder (yes, that is poor English) the closer it gets to the reunion, knowing that I cannot go. As I stated in another thread it falls between 2 must-do weekends where I have to be away from my church job and I just can't justify 3 straight weeks away. I literally get a lump in my throat and a tight feeling in my chest when thinking about what a wonderful time I'm going to be missing.

For those of you on the fence on this - go go go! Book those hotel rooms and commit. Then report back to me about what a great time you had with the "family". I can promise you that you will never meet a nicer, more fun, group of people.

Reserved room (got confirmation #)

Reserved room (got confirmation #)

Rain you can add Dottie and me to the list of those who have reserved a room. It would be nice if we reserved every room in the place. Do you think that is possible? Now that I have reserved room I am getting excited for the big trip west. Remember it was Billy who played piano....I have several relatives and friends in the area so it should be nice....what type of weather do you expect? Nice autumn cool air and sunshine? Believe it or not that is today's weather here in Madison WI. A beautiful day! :D

robt z

Did hear some one say Billy wasn't going to be in Denver? It won't be the same without him. I guess next year we will have to go to Ireland. I'm all for that since I have relatives there I have never meet. Wanted to take my mother after her heart surgery but she will never be the same. One thing she always wanted was to go over there. She have has tapes and music of Ireland she dreams of being there. But I don't think the Dr's will ever let her go. I don't think they would let me go with all I have been through this summer.I can't wait till oct.

Tell Dottie to pack her jacket, just in case. :) But don?t forget her shorts!

Tell Dottie to pack her jacket, just in case. :) But don?t forget her shorts!

Yea!! I'm so happy to hear all of you are coming!! It sounds like we will have a great turn out.

It would be so cool if we could rent every room in the place, you know they only have 62! That?s one reason I would like everyone who is even thinking they *might* come to reserve their room now.... I?d hate for anyone to wait until the last minute and not get one! :eek: You can always cancel if need be.

It?s such a neat building, you guys will just love it. Dottie will love the river that runs right by the back door. It even has a walkway next to it. :) There?s a really cool sitting room and patio in the back of the hotel that over looks the river too.

I didn?t see a piano anyplace when I was there. :( Maybe we could all bring our own instruments?! :D I?ll get Ry to play one for me... he plays the trumpet. :) Anyone else play an instrument? Maybe we can even talk Dick into bringing his banjo!! :D I've heard rumors that Billy can't come... :mad: But I refuse to give up on him yet.

The weather? Well... to be honest, I live about a six - seven hour drive southwest of Golden... and actually even on the other side of the continental divide.... we have a lot more trees over here.... but still, in the Golden area.... I believe their weather is pretty much the same as ours. My elevation is 6200, Golden is 5674. We get our first freeze the end of September, early October our leaves are at their prettiest.... by mid Oct... may be a little late... but they should still be pretty. Here you would expect some very warm days ...with some very cool days. But generally you wouldn't need anything more than a sweater. When the sun goes down, the evenings will be cool. I know... that just about covers anything... but that's how our weather is! lol Maybe someone closer to the Golden area will chime in.... :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!! :D

I am deeply moved y'all

I am deeply moved y'all

I've been off the air for a few weeks and come back to find y'all saying these nice things that you're gonna miss the piano player at the reunion.

For those who were in Chicago, we only had one short, late-night 'music' session while some of the others 'played' on the bed which was parked nearby. Those who were in Nashville will remember the real session that Dick Vincent and I had for well over four hours and several margaritas.......now that was a real session with everyone singing along and trying to remember the words from way back in the 50's and 60's.

I'd just love to be in Golden whether there's a piano or not....I'm sure we could make music outta something, but unfortunately October is a very busy month in my business and I just can't get the time out from work. It's also an expensive time to fly across the pond as the winter fares don't kick in till November 1st. If the reunion was three weeks later I'd be there in a flash.....but I realise that it's impossible to set a date to suit everybody.

I'm sure that Rain will check if Bushmills whiskey is available locally and if not I trust that JimL will arrive with his local liquid medication to help everybody get in the party 'spirit.'

Ohhhhhh Mr ShineOnSyd, don't expect to have an agenda in advance - VR.com reunions have a habit of happening as the spirit (or spirits) move them along. It's a case of come as you please and do as you like.....

Have a wonderful time everybody who attends and........well, maybe next year I'll win the lottery. :cool: ;)

Did someone say banjo :D Seriously, I've been taking lessons for about 8 months. Don't want to drag it out on the plane, but if someone who's driving has an extra... Oh, well, probably wishful thinking, eh? Can't wait, Rain. Thanks again for all your planning.

Sherrin, are we still doing a Hoosier basket?

Rain said:
Maybe we could all bring our own instruments?!

Um.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring mine. I play the cello and that's kind of a huge instrument to be lugging to Colorado...and then to the rest of the states on my trip.......

Ironic that I see this today, since I just got back from my PA trip...LOL!

Latest posts

Back