Get Out Of The Way Of The Bathroom!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross are you are having any pain with this? I just had a thought. My late father-in-law went through this a couple of years ago and he had an enlarged prostrate. He had to wear a catheter all the time. He just couldn't go. I'm sure they have checked you for this, right?

You are so right about the ladies and their catheter fetishes. It's quite scary, actually.

I'm going to take a wild shot here. Ross says he's going a fair amount. It's just not as much as he feels it should be. He isn't declaring any need to relieve that he can't satisfy; he's declaring a lack of production. So, if he's able to go, but just isn't producing the urine, the need (and usefullness) for a catheter is highly unlikely. As Glenda's father's issue pointed out, not being able to go when you're full to the eyeballs will provoke acceptance of a catheter fairly rapidly.

At this point, I'd bet Ross would be relieved if that would be all it took to handle it.

May your body suddenly get the idea. Dammit, man, I'd pee for you, if I could. We all would. The Great Yellow Line...

Ross....did they check you for a percardial effusion? I had the monster of that type "Tamponade" and I will tell you.....lying flat on my back was not an option. I was 20 lbs up too! Get it checked out.

Ross

Ross

Please Pee before I leave for my trip Tuesday morning. :p I will worry the entire time I'm gone. We normally worry about our members pre and post op surgery. Now, we have to worry if you can pee. :D Bonnie

You know, if it would help, my 4 year old could show you how he does it. he'd be happy to....

Ugh? You getting sick of the pee jokes yet? Don't blame you if you are. =)

DO NOT elevate anything if you've got swelling in the ankles or whatever. All that does really is move the fluids to other parts of your body, mainly your chest cavity which may put additional stress on your heart.

Chances are, if you're uncomfortable laying on your back, that's because you've got fluids pressing in your lungs and heart, no need to make that worse.

Nancy said to cut way the hell back on sodium intake. That's tough to do but the more you can, the better off you'll be. Cut back on what you drink too. As much as you can stand.

Be real strict with taking the meds, no slip-ups. if you have to, set a small glass of water with your pills right by the computer and set a timer. There's no excuse for missing your meds.

Hand in there, we're all pullin for ya. =)

Just to clarify, the lungs are clear, no evidence of effusion in the chest, this is all about in the abdomen and calves. My shortness of breath laying on my back has been a major problem since my AVR when they monkeyed with my lungs. It's something I hate, but have to live with. That trip into surgery really messed me up. Fixed one thing, but caused other problems.

Legs are not as swollen so far today and I can now fasten my jeans (Barely) but it can be done. I'm still going to run this by the Doc because I think we are all right in guessing at kidney or prostate problems here. I don't have a fire hose, just a garden sprinkler. I guess we shall see.

Just one more thought. Twice within the last year and a half I was ordered on absolute bedrest except getting up to the bathroom. Both times it was for 3 or 4 days. Both times I lost about 8 lbs of fluid.

I know your problem is in the production rather than the unloading of the fluid, Ross. I really hope this works itself out soon. The fact you can again fasten your pants is an encouraging sign. Hang in there.

Ross..Please clarify your avator? :confused: Dead monkey laying on ground after drinking ????Cannot read the label. :p Bonnie

Ether!

Ether!

Ummmmmm, Ether!
I always loved the smell as a kid (my dad was a doc and I hung around the lab and office alot). Think I can get George to share his supply?
Mary
ps I've had a very hard day with fifth graders (one tried to literally strangle another one) and the thought of ether- induced unconsciousness sounds blissfully attractive.

Latest posts

Back