Get Out Of The Way Of The Bathroom!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy said:
Ross-

Did they tell you to take the Zaroxolyn and then Lasix a half hour after? That's what they have always told Joe. That's the way it works best.
No but I'll darn sure try it!

Harpoon makes a point. You did mention some nausea. It would likely be just an outpatient blood test. Most of us totally understand how you have come to dislike hospitals so intensely.

We're all greatly concerned for you, Ross. In some way, however this goes, we will all be along with you. I can't talk about stubborn, because I'm the same way, but just be sure you're tempering it with your own good judgement, and not just your completely understandable resentment of the situation.

Very best wishes,

Bonnie, Lasix isn't really given as a drip but as an IV injection. I don't think this would be the time for that as an outpatient. But it was a good idea, Bonnie. Keep the thinking cap on.

Ross, you sure arn't having an easy go of it are you? :)
Have you ever had Lasix or Zaroxolyn before? How is your blood pressure doing? Try what Nancy suggested and get back to us.

What other labs did they draw the other day? Do you have the results on hand?

I haven't been on any of these since surgery. Blood pressure is good. My PCP has the test results and they called me and said everything was normal. Of course they said that about my chest xray last time and it was NOT normal.

ER tomorrow

ER tomorrow

PLEASE don't wait until Monday a.m./ Go to ER..tell them I cannot PEE. :D :D Give them all info. I will come and stay with you if Lyn has to work. :p :p If they admit you...Bonnie

Bon I'm going, just not as much as I think I should be. It's not a crisis as of yet, so I'll speak to the doc Monday and see what he thinks. Go to an ER around here on a weekend and you sit till Monday anyway!

Yep, if you go to the ER now you will undoubtedly wait around to Monday. Besides, you catch things in the hospital. Go if you have to but stay out if you can do so SAFELY. Just be careful, Ross.

Ross, you are at the top of my prayer list tonight. I sincerely hope you get to the bottom of this problem. Please don't wait too long to get to the ER or doctor. By now you must realize how important you are to all of us on VR.com. You can't be replaced! ! :( :(

Ross>>How much are you taking in a day?

Keep a close eye on that. Write it down.

I used to watch what I was drinking in by using the little 7oz paper cups. I could have 7 of those a day (a little more than that actually) and figured two between the time I got up and lunch, two in the afternoon, then three in the evening before going to bed. It was a good system that I followed real close for about 3 months after getting home from the hospital.

You should be peeing out at LEAST as much as you take in every 24 hours.

What's going out is harder to gauge unless you're actually peeing into a measuring container of some kind which isn't exactly the most wonderful thing to do, even in the privacy of your own home... Been there, done that, in the hospital at least...

Ahhhh.. The "good" old days....

Anyways.

My "lasix pee" comes out fast, long, and is almost always clear. I think that's what it's supposed to do.

Anything else is not right and may need "professional" assistance to correct.

Ross-

Keep track of your weight first thing in the morning in your birthday suit. See if you've lost some of the fluid. You can also have Lyn take girth measurements since you seem to be carrying fluid around your stomach area from what you have said. Just measure around the largest part of the stomach and keep a journal. That's what the Visiting Nurses did for Joe when he had a lot of ascites. You can also take girth measurements of your legs or ankles.

I know you said you were watching your sodium, but do your best to wipe out all of it until things resolve. Unsalted butter or margarine, no salt bread and watch the milk which has a lot of sodium. You know the obvious ones. Be careful of market meats which can have sodium injections.

When Joe has ascites, he gets nauseous and loses his appetite.

As a matter of fact, he has a touch of it yesterday and today, and just went on his step-up dose of Lasix. Only a couple of pounds though, cause he's on a very short leash with very little wiggle room.

I think the wife had a 40" and it didn't meet. I'd been blaming her for shrinking my pants at the laundry. I tried the Lasix a hour later this morning after taking the Zaroxolyn and so far not much different. We shall see very soon I do believe.

"To Pee Or Not To Pee...That Is The Question" Seriously, hope the dam bursts and you are able to be more comfortable!

I know you said half, but I got tied up in my email box and let too much time go by. I gotta get away from the computer. I tell ya, this thing will suck me into it for eternity.

Ross

Ross

I came across this in an old southern cure-all book..No kidding. :D :D TAKE THE LOAD OFF YOUR LEGS....If you have swollen calves, elevate your legs for a few minutes each day. Lie on the flooron your back facing a wallwith your legs raised and your butocks and hips as close to the wall as possible. Your legs should be touching the wallsand extended in a wide V formation Breathe easily. hold the postion for five minutes...For real. Bonnie

I've been doing excercises but nothing quite that extreme. I have a major problem with laying flat on my back. I can't breath very well like that and have to sit up slightly or lay on my stomach.

Latest posts

Back