Gabe's cardiology visit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtbecca

Gabe saw his cardiologist and everything looked great! I though I had been noticing some symptoms, but the mottled legs seem to just be mottled legs and everything else seems fine. His heartrate has been low and his doctor suspects the main conduction area of the heart was probably damaged at some point in his surgeries, forcing another area to pick us the slack and making it a bit slower. But not worrisome slow, just not what most 9 year olds are. His conduit and valve look great. The same number as last time. They had worsened considerably between the 2 previous visits and if they had stayed on that path I wouldn't be writing a positive update. So you never can tell! His truncal valve (aortic) also looks good. His aortic root is bigger than normal but that's partially his defect and partially the way the surgeon fixed his VSD in his first op (attached it to the valve opening). We hope that valve continues to work well but that doesn't always happen. One day at a time, thrilled to get almost a year. 8 years, not bad for a valved conduit put in when he was 1 1/2!

What great news! I know what a relief it must have been. Sometimes I don't even realize how nervous/tense I am until I hear the words "see you in a year" and all of a sudden relax. Thanks for letting us know how well it went.

Thanks Becca for the update.

I am happy for Gabe and for you and for all of those who love Gabe too.

Let's hope the valve will continue to work well for a much longer time and take one day at a time. "tomorrow will take care of itself"! Enjoy the present that we have.

:)

Back