Friend Needs Prayer

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
It seems like this cancer is everywhere. I think I asked for prayer for David before but I can?t remember. I know you lifted Brian and Judy and the boys up (Judy died several months ago).

David has terminal (we think) cancer and is not doing well. A wife, beautiful daughter and 3 year old adopted son from Guatemala. He is in his early forties. Never smoked and you could count the number of drinks he has had on your fingers. He has had multiple surgeries and now is headed to the hospital for a head CT because of double vision.

For God sake I don?t want to make this about me but I am furious. I am just mad as hell and I don?t know at who or what. This guy is like a brother. His kids are my very heart. His wife?s tears have soaked my shoulder more than once.

Although I am not a religious person I am spiritual and I do have deep connection and relationship with my God. I believe in prayer but have not seen it work much (answered to my satisfaction) lately. I?m almost too pissed to pray so maybe you can help.

Thanks for listening to me rant/scream or cry.

Tom

No problem, I can do that. I don't know that God listens to me anymore, but he has done a lot for me, even when I didn't feel like he was.

I too have another friend with just found lung cancer. Another nonsmoker. I'm a firm believer that we as humans, are given these certain cells, that at some point in time, become self destruct cells. I just lost a friend in April and took it pretty hard. Heck she was a member here for a bit, Musicmaster. Sorry to go on and on, but it helps to talk it out.

Hi Cooker.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and his family. I will keep them in my prayers. God is always listening.....

Jennie

I will add him to my prayers, Tom.

I try not to question, just deal with what comes.

I hope my prayers will help.

Tom, these horrible cancers are so hard to deal with....I'm sending best wishes and hopes for some comfort and peace during this.

I agree with Ross, we probably all have some amount of cancerous cells in our bodies, and what happens is anyone's guess....

Tom, I too will pray for you and your friend. In my own life I find my prayers becoming more and more "Thy will be done". I guess it is because I know the Lord answers prayers and even though I give the Lord all my suggestions and even possible ways to work something out, the bottom line is that I really do want His will in my life. This life is so full of troubles and difficulties that make it hard to believe there is a master plan behind the scenes but I believe that is true. I think, being human, we want everything to go nice and smoothly and for what is causing upset in our lives to be removed or fixed and yet sometimes the very thing we want removed is what is needed most. I don't understand a lot of things but I know we have been told to pray for one another so that is what I do and leave the rest of it to the one who sees the whole picture. The life after this one is the one where there is no sickness or death. Someday even this life will make sense.

Cooker...you and yours have my prayers...

Cooker...you and yours have my prayers...

I can really relate to what you are going through right now....it seems as if alot of us here have lost loved ones to Cancer or other medical issues. I can only hold you, your family and your friends in my thoughts and prayers as you face this, and from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry....I hope you will pass this along to your friend and his family....Peace and Blessings to you all...Harrybaby:eek: :eek:

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. We've lost several family members on my wife's side to cancer. My thoughts are with you, your friend, and his family.

Tom, so sorry you have to go through this again I will be sending my prayers to David and his family and also to you so that you may all have strength during this difficult time ....Mary

My friend David died last night. After a little over three years he lost his battle with cancer, we all lost. His death was quiet and peaceful, he was aware and calm. His last words were "it's time", he closed his eyes and went on to be with his God.

Please lift his family up in your prayers. There is a void, a great sadness that only time will heal. Thank you for your prayers.

Tom

I'm sorry for your loss, Cooker, and for the enormous loss David's family is experiencing. Please accept my sincere condolences.

While I know the loss hurts you personally, take stock in the fact that he seemed peaceful with it. Most people aren't and that's hard to watch.

Cooker, I am so very sorry...

Cooker, I am so very sorry...

cooker said:
My friend David died last night. After a little over three years he lost his battle with cancer, we all lost. His death was quiet and peaceful, he was aware and calm. His last words were "it's time", he closed his eyes and went on to be with his God.

Please lift his family up in your prayers. There is a void, a great sadness that only time will heal. Thank you for your prayers.

Tom

I will be keeping you and your friends and family in my thoughts and prayers...

I do hope though that you will all take great comfort in knowing that his being calm and aware meant that he was 1, accepting of the inevitable, and 2 He wanted you all to know that he was going to be ok when he went to be with God.

My heart goes out to you all,. as I certainly know how you are feeling, as I lost my Grandmother last March, and while I still hurt and grieve over losing her, I feel better knowing that I got to tell her I loved her that one last time. I hope David's family was able to do this, and that their hurt and pain is alieviated as much as possible. Harrybaby:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tom,
His family and you as well have my prayers. May all the wonderful memories help sustain you all during this difficult time.

Back