Forum Manners?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the reasons for all caps (block letters) use in technical or professional form completion is so that the number 1 is not mistook for the letter l ... (especially in manual writing)
A great feature for those who have trouble reading the screen is the Zoom available on most Windows Operating System software. -- Hold down the <CTRL> and + sign keys until the font is big enough to read comfortably. LOL I nearly forgot to explain that holding <CTRL> and the - symbol key will reverse the zoom direction. There's also a zoom menu down at the bottom right of my Explorer browser window.

Last edited:
I've known for a very long time that 'all caps' IS considered shouting online. It's been a long accepted norm, since when chat pretty much started (in all chat rooms, virtual gaming, etc). I've found people online often do 'all caps' for lack of internet savvy ... No offense to anyone, lol. And I wholeheartedly agree with you Lily, that wording IS important, so as to not be condescending. But then again, you can see one's true color's this way as well.

Latest posts

Back