Flaky ON/OFF button (INRatio2)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realkarl

Radiation survivor
Supporting Member
I am having a really hard time with my new INRatio2. The OK/ON/OFF button is very flaky. I have to press it several times, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I am pretty sure I have to exchange it, but will be leaving for 2 weeks vacation in less than a week, so I won't be able to get that done until I get back.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

What's your experience with warranty replacements and QAS?

I am pretty disappointed - a $2500 device with a flaky button!!

EDIT: I found that if I press the button at a certain angle and off to the side, it works almost all the time. At least I can go through the training session and perform a couple of tests before I exchange it.

Last edited:
Not sure about the INRatio 2, but have you tried holding down the on button for a couple seconds to see if it comes on then? One of my complaints about the 1 was that the case cover could come in contact with the power button and turn the unit on without the person knowing it. Maybe they listened to my complaint?

It's a combined OK / ON-OFF button, so when the monitor is ON, it should respond right away for OK presses. Then it's easy to tell that it's broken / not working. Turning the device on or off is more complicated, since I don't know if I am pressing it a way that works or not, I just have to wait a couple of seconds to see...

Try holding the thing down for 2 seconds and see. If still no different then give QAS a call and see if they have to have the old one back before shipping a new one. I don't think so, but I'm not a QAS rep either.

It looks like the replacement procedure via Hemosense is quick and painless, and it doesn't matter if I wait until I get back from my vacation. They ship a new device to me, and I return the b0rked one in a pre-paid box.. Just like good customer service should be :)

Latest posts

Back