Five days post op and I AM HOME!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sharon4495

Just got home a bit ago. The valve replacment was very successful. Turns out of old valve has two leaflets calcified together making it a bi leaflet. First few days TOUGH. You were all right...I don't remember the breathing tube only that it was "there." Ended up getting some extra blood day three after surgery and that was the big turn around in my recovery. I'll be updating later...my husband says I have to rest....not a bad idea actually. Everyone thanks for the support and advice...I'll be posting soon!;)

Welcome home, you sound like you are doing really well, keep it up and take care of yourself. All the best, wishing you a continude smooth recovery.

Welcome Home, Sharon. Listen to your husband and take advantage of this time of TLC!

take it easy, and tell your husband he needs to rest, too - I always think it must be just as bad for the spouses, pacing in the waiting room while you lie asleep, not knowing or caring what's happening.

Yep, that's right! Next time hubby tells you rest make sure you tell him to rest too.

Glad to hear your home and doing well........now just don't push it - it will come.

Be good to yourself.

Cool you posted and home sweet home...great news
Im so happy for you,glad everything went good.

zipper2 (DEB)

Welcome home Sharon! I'm sure that being at home makes you feel a whole lot better. Take it easy on yourself & try not to get depressed or frustrated if you can't do very much -- healing takes time, so be patient! :)

Latest posts

Back