Five days post op and I AM HOME!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Home Sharon ~ I'm glad you did so well and my wishes and prayers are with you for a continued smooth recovery. Take care, Dawn-Marie

Welcome home.It is never sweeter than coming home from the hospital. Take this time to rest. Do not over do it. There is plenty of time once you recover do get back into the swing of things. I am seven months post op and I have to have my lovely wife remind me to slow down.:)

Best wishes from Middle Ga.

Home again...

Home again...

Hi Everyone,

After getting home last Tuesdsay I ended up being admitted through the ER Thursday. The doc were checking for stroke or heart attack but apparently I had some kind of VasoVagal Episode. I am still experiencing lots of nausea and needs medication for it...it kind of impedes my progress! I am wondering - when is it okay to lie on my side? How long does the nausea last? The visual disturbances are bugging me too. I can, however, say and entire sentence without taking a breath!

Sharon, sorry to hear about your complications. I could not lay on my side for over a month. I think everyone is different on that too. What all are they doing to help you? I can not answer your questions about the visual or nausea. I had neither. Try posting a new thread about bein admitted through ER, and I am sure someone can help you. I hope you are feeling better.

25 Days Post OP

25 Days Post OP

Whew........I have finally had two entire days of no nausea, no really low blodd pressure and no aversion to food!!!!! I had my first baseline echo today since the surgery and boy was it a beautiful sight to see only one color in the chamber instead of two instead of two and the sound of the valve and the beating heart.....no sloshing or squealing.....I never want to go through this again but I do believe it was worth it.

My first three weeks were really tough for me. I have had surgery before but this one (AVR) kicked my butt. I usually cried every morning because I a. felt sorry for myself then...b. was so thankful to be alive. I believe my true recovery will begin now....I have been walking but not much since my blood pressure was so low I usually felt like passing out....but ....FINALLY...I was taken OFF the beta blockers and put back on my former blood pressure med and life is good again.

The scar is healing I think it is awful but everyone else is like "Wow, your scar looks so good!" Okay...ladies...help...where do you find swim suits that are not matronly and cover the scar (no sun the the scar for one year) and does anyone have any really good suggestions as to lotions or whatever to put on it (when I am allowed to) to help it look better?

Sharon, I'm so glad to read that you are feeling better. Still expect some days that are not so hot mixed in with the better ones. Recovery is just like that. As far as the scar goes. The more time that passes the less you will think about it at all. It truly is a mark of courage. OHS is not for the timid. If you really are set on covering it up (won't 50 spf work?) then you might try some of the breast cancer support sites. You'll work it out.

Do keep up with the walking. It will not only help you get stronger it will also get those lungs back to normal too.

Latest posts

Back