Finally some action!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char2mar

I went to see one of my internist today. The test results came back for the Lupus test. Good news, I do not have lupus. My abdominal ultrasound was also normal. However, I took it upon myself to do a series of EKGs on myself while at work. When ever I experienced arrythymia or tachycardia I had one of my co-workers do an EKG on me. The EKGs showed my tachycardia, bigiminy and LVH. I told him about the chest pain I had two weeks ago and about the neck pain too. He has decided to do a doppler ultrasound on my carotid arteries and to do a TEE ASAP to rule out dissection and to evaluate my AS and dilated aorta. He also put me on beta blockers. I haven't tried them yet. I decided to wait until this weekend incase I feel wonky on them. Wouldn't look so good if I faint while taking someone's blood. LOL. I get the carotid doppler test on Friday. Should find out tomorrow when I'm booked in for the TEE. Hopefully the beta blockers will control the arrythymia and I will start to feel a little better. At any rate I feel better knowing that my heart is being re-examined again for any changes in the last 3 months.

Char

No Lupus is certainly good news. And I'm so glad they're taking another look. at your aneurysm and valve. I sure hope the beta blocker helps with the arrythmia--I know that can be scary stuff.

Good luck!

P. J.

Good news on the Lupus. I'm glad they're going to be actively looking for causes.

Char,
Glad to hear that the Lupus test was negative! Thats great that you were able to do the EKGs yourself rather than having to go back to your cardio. :) Good luck with the beta blockers, hopefully you wont have any side effects.

Shannon

I go into bigiminy (when every other heartbeat is a PVC) quite often. It sometimes happens when I am on the treadmill and am adjusting to an increase in speed or slope. I can feel it and the readout of my heartrate cuts in half. If I am at 100, suddenly it only reads 50 and so on. The strength of the beats are different and monitors self-adjust and often only count the strongest. I did the same thing on a stress test once a couple of years ago.

I hope your tests show something that is definitive and helps in planning what is in your best interest.

Latest posts

Back