Farewell

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gina,
I don't start threads very often but when I do I have always been able to count on your experienced feedback. I hope you will reconsider your decision. Besides our recent departures (Mary, Dennis & others whom I look for and are no longer registered) I also still miss SusanBAV, with all of her research. We don't need to lose anymore knowledge and experience on this site. I am grateful for all of your help and advice.

I will say this. My sisters and I have polar views on some subjects but still share so many common bonds. Unforunately, one of our common bonds is this lovely mitral valve condition. We don't focus on the things we don't agree on but rather on those things which we have in common and need each other's support. Think about it......

Chris

Gina, I am fairly a newbie, but know that your posts have helped me. While I do not participate in the "War Room" I do read it. I do not quite understand, why would there be a War Room, if you cannot voice your opinions, or "Make War".
Gina, your posts are valuable source of info on this site.
Do what you think you need to do , but I hope you do not go.....
Linda

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Gina (((hugs))),

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Gina (((hugs))),

I can't tell you how much your post distresses me - suffice it to say that I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I know I haven't been around as much as I used to (cuz I lived on here virtually for a couple of years ;) ), but it is always so comforting to see your posts when I do pop in............kind of like calling home just to hear your "voice." I have benefitted so much from your posts, and know firsthand your knowledge and generosity. You are such a thoughtful and selfless person. I will never forget your taking the time to come and see us in Michigan during our last tumultuous surgical adventure. Please change your mind. Take a break, but please come back home to us. Pretty puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzze! With sugar on top! Much love. J.

This saddend me tonight to read this post. Gina, I am going miss your wonderful, informative, compasionate posts. You were the best! I wish I could say something that would change your mind. You have always been there when I needed cheering. I'm sure going to miss that. But whatever you decide, you know what's best for you. Hugs & prayers coming your way and don't forget us.

*SNIFF* I maynot know you that well Gina,but seems a
sad time yet of yet another long time member leavin
from vr.
Just abit weird this side of the screen as youve always
been there.Personally you bring alot to the forums.

In life theres always people who don't like what others say
and cause chit,guess thats each individuals uniqueness
or thats what makes each of us unique,dont matter what
we do,or say or what they do or say but you can always say
KISS MY SHADE (LOL) and stay,cus you shouldn't give up and
leave, I feel theres alot more of better unique that need you and
your help here.It sadens me to read that your leaving also:(
What ends up your decision ..you will be missed by me for sure.
GODBLESS Gina....This is heartbreaking to read,yet another vrer
shocking sad news

Gina...as you can see there are many member here who wish for you to stay (self included). I know it can be challenging but please don't let a few malcontents take away the absolutely invaluable knowledge and experience you have. As long as this site exists there will be newbies that come along that are completely lost and are desparate for knowledge and support.

You have a history that shows heart issues can be addressed and that you can not only survive but thrive. Your story, Norma's, Dick's, Gonzo's (to name just a few) have been truely inspiration and is what kept me going in my dark days and that is why I have stuck around. I am not personally "friends" with any members but I have much respect for the folks that have stuck around after surgery to help others. Thats why I am still here.

I really hope you reconsider, your needed desparately here...

Geebee,

I was sad to read this post... ever since I joined, you were one person I remember being able to help and share your experiences and give me advice. That's the whole purpose of this forum - you have so much to share with all of us, and it would be so sad to see you leave - you are a very valuable member. :( I surely hope you will re-consider. I always look forward to seeing posts by you, and will admit I get worried when I don't see any for a while! :)

Kerri

Gina, let me echo the thoughts of everyone else and ask you to reconsider leaving VR. We will miss you and your thoughtful input to this site. I am also one who stayed out of the War Room but I respect the right of anyone else who wanted to participate in these discussions. If you do go, please know you will be greatly missed.

I'm new here, but I'm something of a veteran on another health site (Avascular Necrosis). Yesterday I was just about to email the President of the other site about your War Room, and what a great idea I think it is, when I read the email that it has been removed! I thought something similar would have made an interesting addition to the other site.
-Dianne

Gina, I never spoke with you personally, but read your posts with interest. I have only been a member of this forum for about a year and find that everyone who posts is a thoughtful and interesting person with very valuable information to share. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your leaving.
In the event that you decide to remain away from us, I wish you all the very best. I shall miss you.

Hi Gina,
I don't get on much anymore but I did have the opportunity to read the war room. I would like to thank you for the clear, calm and concise presentation of your position. You as well as some of the others were my hero's in that on going debate. Thank you.

I am sure you remember but several years ago you were one of the first people to respond to my posts, although you annoyed me at times it was obvious that you are a truly caring and concerned person, I have always respected you and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to respond to so many people. Thank you again.

Gina!
Please don't go! You were so influential to me when I first started out and was about to have surgery. You have made such an impact here and VR just won't be the same without you. As my students would say, "It would suck if you weren't here."

Thanks, also, for the kind encouragement you gave me in PMs even when I, too, posted about controversial things. I have to run as class is about to start, but I wish you well and I hope that we can stay in touch, or better yet, that you stay here where we need you!

Lots of love,
Debi

Gine, I am shocked and saddened by your decision. If you truly believe "nothing beats a hug", I hope that all the hugs you have been sent so far and you shall receive later will help make you reconsider. You joined this forum to support newbies who are distressed and needed your knowledge and experience to help them get through the chaotic phase we go through before the surgery....your posts always provided HOPE, COMPASSION, WISDOM, GENUINITY, and TRUTH and these are treasures we hate to lose! I always, like all the others, valued and looked foreward to what Gina will say. I do not know what is really going on as I did not participate in the 'war room' ... I looked at some threads but chose not to post and this is what was good about it...you can participate or not without losing focus of the main purpose of this Forum as valvereplacement.com.

I respect your decision, and wish you the best; yet I hope the warmth of all of our hugs will warm up your beautiful heart and help to make you reconsider...at least we hope! Your posts always provided hope to others and we hope you do not deprive this from the terrified, scared and worried newbies that will keep joining.

God bless. (((Hugs mixed with sadness and hope)))

I was was just passing through and skimming the "today's posts", saw this thread and felt compelled to sign-in and add my shock and dismay. :(

Gina, you were one of the first members to respond to my very first post and I recall your warmth and friendliness was a huge morale booster for me at what was a terrible time in my life (just a few weeks post-op). In many respects, it was you who was the inspiration for me to hang around VR instead of moving on after my recovery. Your leaving is a terrible loss for VR. I've ignored the War Room as it's not really my thing, but didn't have a problem with it. However, it is horrible that the controversy surrounding it has been the cause of losing you given all the good you've provided to the main purpose of VR....information and support to Valve Surgery patients.

I wish you'd reconsider leaving permanently and perhaps take a "time out" instead. However, I'm not around much now these days either for personal reasons (nothing to do with VR), so I respect your decision. You've stuck around and contributed more than your fair share. Best wishes and good luck whatever you decide, and have a wonderful life. I will still think of you as you've made a lasting impression.

Dear Gina, it saddens me greatly to read this. I have always welcomed and appreciated your posts/replies. Whether it was to my questions or someone elses I eagerly read what you had to say, as I found your posts full of kindness, compassion and knowledge.

I hope you will come back at some point, but if not, I wish you 'love' and 'peace' in your life.
(((((HUGS))))) x

Gina,
I am sorry to see this post. I'd like to say thank you for all the wisdom & support you have offered me during the last few years. You made a difference in my life, a positive one, and I will miss knowing that you are here if I ever need you. Be well, take care, enjoy each day & live fully! {{hugs}}
~Andrew's Mom

Gina,
I don't post often. Have been a member for about 4 1/2 years. But there was a time when I was so despondent and couldn't face tomorrow. Your uplifting post and positive attitude without being coddling gave me the courage to not do what I was thinking and to face tomorrow. I thank the good Lord for you !! You may not realize how many people you have touched or affested in a postive way. You are loved and appreciated more than you could ever know.
I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you won't let whatever has happened change you ability to be such a postive uplifting person that I truly believe God put here on earth to give emotional support and courage. Be happy.
I'm here today in large part because of you !!

Latest posts

Back