Farewell

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

geebee

Not sure how long this will be allowed to stay up but, since a lot of my recent posts on VR.com have been a waste of my time, I guess I will take my chances. I would hope, considering my extensive involvement in VR.com, Hank will allow me to speak my mind.

I am leaving VR.com, more than likely permanently. I am sure there will be few people cheering but, hopefully, there will be some that might even miss my posts. I wanted to post rather than just disappear because I felt you deserved to know why.

I am deeply saddened by the recent deletion of the War Room (and please know that this is not just about the War Room - that was just the last straw for me). I have little doubt how that came about. I had intended to go more deeply into my feelings but I don't really want to get banned. However, I will mention the following. There are a few members on this site who show up only when there is a controversy often posting mean thoughts. These members are also behind the scene complainers about things they don't like. I believe such complaints might have had an impact on the forum being deleted. The War Room was started in order to separate touchy subjects that people still wanted to discuss because we spend so much time at VR.com. Some of us are here every single day trying to make a difference. Is it any wonder we might not want to leave and go elsewhere to discuss other things important to us?

I have weathered many storms on VR.com in my 6 years here and thousands of posts. The valve selection and coumadin forums have been the toughest at times due to some folks (again) thinking they know more than or what is best for everyone else. Although threads have been closed usually they have not been deleted.

Now I find that an entire forum is just plain gone. Those of us posting spent a lot of time and research in that forum trying to reasonably discuss matters important to us with people we care about. Yes, the threads might not have been valve related but they were visited and continued by people who were brought together by valve problems and became friends. To discuss these things on other forums with strangers has never made sense to me. That is why I was so excited to have the War Room so I could discuss things I feel passionate about with my friends. I truly wish I had known there was a chance the War Room would be deleted. I thought the warnings about it would be sufficient for it to continue.

I know one argument has been that those of us involved in the War Room have ignored other threads. I think that is mostly untrue. I have been posting as much in other forums as I was before the War Room was started. I had cut back on my posting over a year ago for personal time and health reasons. The vast majority of the others posting in the War Room have posted in other forums as much as before.

In any case, I just feel I have been a bit kicked once too often and have to bow out. I wish my friends well and the others I hope find peace. I think, on the whole, the members really care about each other.

I will miss so very many of you and am just not sure what I will spend my time doing - maybe start a website for my friends. God bless.

Gina, this post brings tears to my eyes. While we've never met, never pm'd I feel like you are someone I could always count on to be a cheerleader, offer experience to the frightened and concerned, dole out excellent commonsense advice, and, most importantly, treat everyone with the respect they deserve. It's a sad commentary that whatever has been going on here has brought you to this decision - but I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

I am saddened that the War Room disappeared. While I had not posted to the debate I've read almost all of it and am grateful for the input that everyone has contributed. The time and energy spent is valuable and I'm sure many more people benefited from it than may appear.

For whatever time I have left here, I will miss your posts. I do hope that this thread is not deleted, unless it's your choice.

FYI - your 2nd signature quote... Ziggy said it. :D
Peace.

Gina,

I'm sorry to hear this. I was never really intrigued by the War Room concept, but never against it either. I find political discussion very taxing, and limit mine to a much smaller audience.

However, I hate to see this as a cause, either by existing or by being taken down, of losing yet another VR.com star. I'm still stunned and saddened by our other recent losses, and the loss of you as well would be another tragedy.

You must do what is right for you, but I for one will always be glad to see you back, should you decide to reenter the forums.

Be well and stay happy,

Gina, I'm glad I happened on at this time!! Please don't go!! You are like one of the pillars here; part of the building that doesn't actually exist -- but the place I come to so often as if it did. I can't imagine this place without you.

Who the hell are these people who are causing such a stir? I personally liked the idea of the War Room. I didn't participate -- did take a quick peak and realized I just didn't have time for it. But as you said, it seemed like a great place for people who had come to know one another here could go to exercise their opinions about other things.

I don't really understand who it is who keeps complaining about all the improvements Hank tries to make. It seems he is in earnest about wanting to help this site evolve.

Well, of course you must do what you feel you must do. I will miss you horribly!!!!! This whole mess just doesn't make sense to me! :mad:

Be well, Gina. My very, very best wishes to you for a wonderful life!

Marguerite

I understand exactly where you're coming from and agree. I don't know that I will ever be completely gone, but this latest decision, along with some other recent events, definitely left a very bad taste in my mouth. Gina, I will miss you and I hope these people who want to control every little thing about vr understand the magnitude of their actions.

Gina, this makes me ever so sad. When I saw the title of your post my reaction was NO! Please reconsider. I feel as if I am losing a friend. Wherever you go though, I wish you well.

Gina, I hope you reconsider and stay. I know you are a really great contributor to vr.com and you will be missed. I could not get fired up about the war room and never even read the health care thread - I am not interested in the subject. But I can understand if something you've contributed to and got involved with just evaporates - that is frustrating. As a compromise, you might consider taking a "vacation" from vr.com, and think about it for a while before you totally quit. I know that in your "heart" you don't want to quit; i.e., you enjoy sharing your experiences, etc with the others on the forum, and I'm sure you'll miss it. So, why not hang in there?

Cindy and I have been fond of you since our first and only in person meeting. I will certain miss you. I would prefer you reconsider, but will not judge you if you don't. Just know that we care for you and will miss seeing your posts if you don't return.

Gina, I, too, am very saddened to read of your decision to depart. I always have thought that your posts are both knowledgeable and thoughtful. It is really too bad that newbies who happen upon here won't get the opportunity to benefit from those posts. I sincerely hope that with a brief break, you will decide to return to us.

Kim

Dear dear Gina, Many of our friends have already said so much of what I feel. I stayed out of the war room, but had no problem with it either. I think some people really lose perspective, and all sense of what is appropriate. That they have made you feel like leaving is terrible! I say don't let them drive you away! Take a break, but please don't leave! You are without a doubt one of the most caring, knowledgeable, and generous people here. Please whatever you do don't delete your profile, as I understand that would also delete the treasure of posts you have made! Also, if you leave here, please stay in touch via email/facebook. I would really feel heartbroken to lose touch with you. My love to you, your valve brother, Brian

Oh, Me, Oh, My.
Tears are over flowing as I have read all the replies.

I have always truly admired you. Your kind and well worded threads, posts and PM's has always given me a sence of reinsurance and I thank-you for taking the time to respond to as many posts as you did.

As Marguerite said:
I don't really understand who it is who keeps complaining about all the improvements Hank tries to make. It seems he is in earnest about wanting to help this site evolve.

Well, of course you must do what you feel you must do. I will miss you horribly!!!!! This whole mess just doesn't make sense to me!

Be well, Gina. My very, very best wishes to you for a wonderful life!

I know I could get on my hands and knees and beg for you to stay Gina, but as Marguerite said.....and I second it, I too will miss you horribly.

Take Care, be good and be Happy with what ever comes your way. ((((hugs))))

Who the hell are these people who are causing such a stir?

Exactly! Maybe these are the ones who should be banned or asked politely to leave.

I fear that if this keeps up, Hank may just decide to close this site entirely. The true meaning of this forum is being diminished by conflict between members, losing valuable members who have a wealth of knowledge such as you Gina, Mary, Oaktree, and countless others who gave so much of themselves by sharing their own VERY PERSONAL experiences with the world.

If someone would like to complain about my post, go for it. Hank, you can remove my membership then as well. I don't post often, but I check to see if someone needs information that I may be able to share.

Exactly! Maybe these are the ones who should be banned or asked politely to leave.

I fear that if this keeps up, Hank may just decide to close this site entirely. The true meaning of this forum is being diminished by conflict between members, losing valuable members who have a wealth of knowledge such as you Gina, Mary, Oaktree, and countless others who gave so much of themselves by sharing their own VERY PERSONAL experiences with the world.

If someone would like to complain about my post, go for it. Hank, you can remove my membership then as well. I don't post often, but I check to see if someone needs information that I may be able to share.

Here, Here! and Well said!
I'm truly heart broken.

Gina,

I am sorry to see you are leaving. This site and its members were a godsend to me when I found I would need surgery. It was members like you that gave me hope showing me that others had braved the same surgery and gone through worse trials while eventually getting back to a normal life. I hope you will reconsider your decision. If not.... thanks for all you have done on this site and have a great life.

Gina,
I was trying to think of just the right words to sayto you & to tell you how sorry I am to hear that you will be leaving us.

I have really looked up to you & have taken a liking to you since I joined the forum in 2007 & echo what the others have said already.....you will be missed! :(

I don't know exactly what was the "stick that broke the camel's back" but I guess we all have different levels of tolerance & we have to respect that. We may not like it, but, we have to respect it.

With that said, I wish you the very best of health & I will often think of you & keep you in my prayers.

Stay well my friend!

This is a really great site, and its value is enhanced by members who have gone through so much and are willing to share their experiences and help others.
I hope you will reconsider your decision Gina, but if you decide to go, I wish you all the best.

Bridgette

Gina,

I too am terribly sorry to hear that you have decided to leave! I have enjoyed reading your thoughtful and intelligent posts. You are definitely an invaluable asset to this community!

PLEASE RECONSIDER!

I really do not understand just who the troublemakers are, and just why they are complaining?? I think for the most part we have some great folks!

The War Room was a great place to express ones political opinions, if you are so inclined to do so. I really don't think these people wanted this forum deleted, because they felt it inapropriate for a valve support forum, but because they did not like what was being said on certain issues.

I assumed we were still living in a free speech society!!

I for one will continue with this forum. My primary reason for being here, is to give help and support for those that need it.

Good luck to you Gina, again I do hope you will reconsider.

Gina, I wish you would change your mind. It is members like you who are constant and have been since the day you joined that has caused this site to become the 'home' for those who are frightened and need help from others who 'have been there'. Members have been what Hank needed to make this site a valuable resource for valve information and support and the longer (older) members are the base of VR. I believe VR has become known far and wide and when folks stop by to see what we are about, they are impressed by the friendliness and caring of the site and they want to stay and be a part. I believe every member has shown this to visitors and to each other.

Please, everybody, can we take a deep breath and be what we all know that we are. There are people yet to come who need the help that VR has to offer and they can get it from all of us. Every single member.........

Blessins.........

Latest posts

Back