Eye surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHerrin Hutt

Well, I had my surgery this morning and I can't believe I can see this goog this fast. My husband was there but he wouldn't watch it. I ask the Dr. in the middle of it if he was passed out on the floor he said no he was reading the paper. This is Great and know that ever day it will get better.

Sherrin, I'm so glad that everything turned out okay with your eye surgery. I just know that every day you will see better and better. I've got cataracts (spelling?) and will have to have both my eyes operated on some day in the very near future. Keep up the good work.

Congratulations! Well done! That is wonderful that you are seeing so well the same day of your eye surgery.

Glad that your eye surgey went well. We had our son's done..15 years ago...and it cost $2,000..then..:eek: Lots of Laskic surgeons all around now...in different towns .but still above what I could afford. it is now over $5,000:eek: ....Son=in=law really needs it..but with 2 new Russian children..out of his reach.:( ..Son has never had any problems..:) Bonnie

after cataract surgery, I felt like a miracle had been presented to me so I know exactly how you feel. My sister and her husband are tickled with their Lasik. At the time they got theirs it was $3 K for each of them (each person, not each eye). In Dallas. Congratulations.

Hi Sherrin,

Hi Sherrin,

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. Was it Lasik, or was it for cataracts?
My mother recently had cataract surgery...after having the first eye done she was surprised and excited that she could see so well...she couldn't wait to have the other one done the following week.

Now, here I am wearing my bi-focals, because it's either that or contacts with reading glasses...and my mother has perfect vision, she doesn't even need glasses to read at age 74!

I told her that wasn't fair, but then she reminded me that she went for years wearing the bi-focals too.

weekycat said:
My mother recently had cataract surgery...after having the first eye done she was surprised and excited that she could see so well...she couldn't wait to have the other one done the following week.

Now, here I am wearing my bi-focals, because it's either that or contacts with reading glasses...and my mother has perfect vision, she doesn't even need glasses to read at age 74!

I told her that wasn't fair, but then she reminded me that she went for years wearing the bi-focals too.

I have bifocal contacts, i still don't understand how they work but they do and i can see, so life is good, Lyn

weekycat said:

I had cataract surgery about 2 yrs ago - both eyes. Early this year I realized I was having trouble reading. Went to dr. Seems the lens they put in can become cloudy in some people and they go in there and drill a wee hole in it. The surgical procedure takes only moments, you can drive immediately after, no meds involved; it's called YAG. Then the sight is just like after cataract surgery. Remember this if in a couple yrs your mom has any trouble. Some don't realize they can't see well and don't know it can be fixed - again.

weekycat said:

Tri-focals here. I'm also jealous of your mom ;). I was told by my op doc that I'm not a candidate for lasik and the such. Oh, I wish I were, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Tri-focals can get on your nerves too, but I guess seeing is a better option, so I'll count my blessings.

I was afraid that I would be a able to do it but. I went to good Dr. and they both agree that I only needed the one done. So far it has been great. The best part was th cost for one eye. I still keep looking for my glasses in the morning.I bought my fist pair of cheap sun glasses at deals where everthing is a 1:00, it had the uv protesting on it . No one believes me I paid a 1:00 for them.Thier name was Lasik Plus. They have office in a lot of cities and they sent coupon to give friend s for 100.00 off. And 12 months same as cash. I always like to use somelse money but I always pay them off. I have never paid interest on anything.

Latest posts

Back