Endocarditis

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, Pat. BE is bacterial endocarditis which is an infection on your heart valves. It occurs mostly in people who either have a damaged valve due to previous disease, such as rheumatic fever, or those who have had a valve replacement and/or repair. It's almost non-existent among "normal" people with the exception of IV drug users who share needles. It is a life-threatening illness.

Umm not true! If can affect anyone for any number of reasons. My oldest son had it a couple years back and it started as just a simple infection that could have been treated had he seen a doctor as soon as it started. He had no money or insurance and ended up in the ER with severe chest pain and having a hard time breathing. Good old BE is what it was.

Umm not true! If can affect anyone for any number of reasons. My oldest son had it a couple years back and it started as just a simple infection that could have been treated had he seen a doctor as soon as it started. He had no money or insurance and ended up in the ER with severe chest pain and having a hard time breathing. Good old BE is what it was.

Well, that's a new one to me, Ross. On the AHA's site they say, "Endocarditis rarely occurs in people with normal hearts."

Well, that's a new one to me, Ross. On the AHA's site they say, "Endocarditis rarely occurs in people with normal hearts."

Key word "Rarely" but it does occur. I know someone else that got it for none of the reasons mentioned.

Latest posts

Back