Ears Ringing?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Okielady

This is a trivial question but one I have wondered about the past few years. I have gradually gotten a ringing in my ears that keeps getting worse. It is constant but I have grown accustomed to it and only notice it when things are quiet around me.
My question is, could it be related to my valve leakage? It seems like I have read it somewhere along the way that a leaky valve sometimes can be a cause.
I was just curious if any of you over the hillers out there had this experience and are now ring free?

This is a trivial question but one I have wondered about the past few years. I have gradually gotten a ringing in my ears that keeps getting worse. It is constant but I have grown accustomed to it and only notice it when things are quiet around me.
My question is, could it be related to my valve leakage? It seems like I have read it somewhere along the way that a leaky valve sometimes can be a cause.
I was just curious if any of you over the hillers out there had this experience and are now ring free?

My ears are ringing as we speak.....they rang before my valve replacement and never quit.....if you figure out how to stop it let me know....I have tried everything:mad:

I certainly have tinnitus and had it for years, it is fairly bad now and I am three years post surgery. The drugs I took for endocarditis have caused some hearing loss so I now wear two hearing aids - wearing them does seem to help the tinnitus too.

Thanks for your feedback. At least now I know that I probably just dreamed it up. I was looking for that one goofy positive to look forward to!!

More on tinnitus

More on tinnitus

I've had tinnitus for at least 10 years but had my valve replaced only a year ago. No connection for me. I've always suspected the cause was heavy use of aspirin but I could be wrong.

As the other person noted, nothing seems to help. I have hearing loss in one ear but not enough to justify a hearing aid.

I'm taking a boatload of drugs now but the tinnitus doesn't seem to be worse since the surgery. It's a mystery...any suggestions are welcome.

My husbands ear rings constantly and we hoped after his Valve Replacement it might stop but it didn't and about 2 years ago mine started ringing constantly also.

My ears ring constantly and have for years. I don't remember when it started, but it was long after surgery. I have mentioned it to docs from time to time, but they offer no solution.

Latest posts

Back