Dresslers Syndrome

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUST-WAITING

How many of you have had a run in with "DRESSLERS SYNDROME" - I had two days in hospital less than two weeks after surgery - DID YOU HAVE A REPEAT or just one episode ?

Hi I had it, was in the hospital for 4 days with it. I had it a second time about two months after that and I went to the ER but wasn't admitted. I actually went to the ER three times that bout and they wouldn't admit me they just loaded me up on narcotics. But it has been over three months and I haven't had it again. I was really worried I'd keep having it but thank goodness I just had it twice. The first time was the worst and they put me on steriods for it, the second time I took a bunch of motrin for it and it wasn't as bad.

One member still had it after two years, she has to take steriods every day. But from all my reading and talking to different types of doctors it seems that it normally just happens a couple times with each time being less severe. So don't be like me and worry about it, it's not like you can do much about it anyways. Whenever I start feeling any pains in my chest or upper back I pop three advil hoping if it is dressler's that will stop it from progressing.

I had one bout of Dressler's (They called it post-pericardiotomy inflammatory syndreme with other complications) 8 days post-op. Was readmitted for a week, but didn't re-experience it since and that was over a year ago. From what I have read, most individuals only deal with one episode (with a few exceptions). Try not to worry about this. I know it is easier said than done.
Stay positive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back