dont mean to go on and on but

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha 1

has anyone else ever had to be treated at the dentist before 6 months were up and could i hear about it. i just wanted to know. thanks twobagotwo about the 3 months healing of the valve, that made me feel better. we are getting an x-ray tomarrow just to see how bad it is. if it is just a filling, it probibly wont be as bad. and it would probibly be better to get if fixed before it would get worse. thanks everyone for your help, i know i am a pain. probibly post tramatic stress syndrome causes it though, besides just being a mom. thanks again. love you all.
alpha 1

The reason for the recommendation of a 6 month delay before having dental procedures is an elevated risk of Endocarditis. I think it tapers off over that time frame.

Be sure to have your dentist consult with your Cardiologist and maybe even your Surgeon before deciding on a course of action. They may want a full course of anti-biotics instead of a single dose if the dental procedure is deemed necessary at this time. The longer you can wait, the better for your heart.

When did you have your Valve Surgery?

'AL Capshaw'

valve surgery time frame

valve surgery time frame

Al, the valve surgery was april 2 almost 3 months ago, i was just wandering if we get the x-ray tomarrow if that would be ok, that doesnt warrent any kind of antibiotic does it, i thought maybe it would show how bad the cavity is and if we could wait awhile on it. do you think it would be safe to have a dental x-ray?
alpha 1

Latest posts

Back