Do you feel the difference in a INR drop or raise?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John:
The only time I've had lab draws was in the hospital (my memory is foggy as to how I was tested in the hospital, but I don't remember anyone bringing a tester machine into the room) and for the two TEEs I've had post-op.
All other iNR tests have been done with POC testers. My family doctor's practice uses a CoaguChek, and I have an INRatio. Pretty easy to use.

You should feel no difference as you INR changes. Be mindful of bruising, bleeding however

Well, I've been on coumadin now for 35 years & I hear what the majority of you are saying........"no difference in how you feel whether low or high INR's". And far be it from me to dispute that because we all know our own bodies better than anyone, even our doctors!

However, in my case, & I have always noticed it.... when my INR is high my joints will really start to bother me.... I mean really hurt! And another thing, in 1997, I had a hysterectomy & I was cut from here to there & when my INR is on the high side, all along where the surgercial cut is, will start to bother me......it feels like squeezing lemon juice on an open cut! OUCH!

Weird......I know....but that's my story & I'm sticking to it! :)

I can just see some of you nodding your heads from side to side! :rolleyes:

John, here in Canada, the majority of hospitals and labs will take a vein draw and fill a little tube. No big deal, but my veins didn't hold up too well.
Home tester is a little stick of a pin needle in the fingertip, just like a diabetic would test on their fingertips. And it's accurate.

Well, I've been on coumadin now for 35 years & I hear what the majority of you are saying........"no difference in how you feel whether low or high INR's". And far be it from me to dispute that because we all know our own bodies better than anyone, even our doctors!

However, in my case, & I have always noticed it.... when my INR is high my joints will really start to bother me.... I mean really hurt! And another thing, in 1997, I had a hysterectomy & I was cut from here to there & when my INR is on the high side, all along where the surgercial cut is, will start to bother me......it feels like squeezing lemon juice on an open cut! OUCH!

Weird......I know....but that's my story & I'm sticking to it! :)

I can just see some of you nodding your heads from side to side! :rolleyes:

Norma:
Perhaps -- just perhaps -- whatever is causing your joints to hurt is also causing your INR to be on the high side. Or perhaps when your joints hurt, you tend to be less active and that could in turn bump up your INR.

Norma:
Perhaps -- just perhaps -- whatever is causing your joints to hurt is also causing your INR to be on the high side. Or perhaps when your joints hurt, you tend to be less active and that could in turn bump up your INR.

Not sure about this Marsha except that this has been going on for years. And I've mentioned this phenomenon to my doctors & they all look at me like I'm some sort of alien! LOL....maybe I am! :D :rolleyes:

I have gotten a slight tinge of blood on tissue from my nose when my INR is too high. Not a significant bleed, just a light tinge. My nasal septum is a mess from two broken nose incidents and is acting as a signal my INR is too high. :) But no, there are no "sensations" of any kind from a high INR, but my slight nose bleeds are consistent with what you might see. I have no other bleeding issues. I still shave with a blade razor and if I knick myself, it stops just fine, although not as quickly as before warfarin.

Bill

Latest posts

Back