Do you "celebrate" multiple anniversaries?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoMammy

November 29th evoked very strong emotions in me for 4-5 years after surgery. The last few, I given it a nod, tear and a smile. I had to think just now to remember this timearound's date and it was just last eek. Maybe that's because of surgery brain though.

Do you mark or otherwise think of multiple anniversaries or the more you have the less you think about it?

I never thought about celebrating anniversaries until I started being involved with online groups. I have had 4 heart surgeries so I would not know which one to remember. I did look up when I had my initial "repair" when it was going to be close to my 40th anniversary of that surgery. I have a tissue valve so I will never be done with procedures until the risk benefit ratio changes.

November 21, 1990 and October 15, 2009. I recall both - but just as a fact. I don't do anything special beyond simple acknowledgment.

I don't remember the date of my first, though I know it's was in March. My second is easier to remember and much better documented here at VR.com.

Ingrid - My own opinion, and I'm sure it would be echoed (pun intended) by others (Cooker?) is to celebrate anything and everything that you feel good about. Life throws us enough curveballs that we are entitled to celebrate as we see fit, so do it well and often!

I think of my first surgery in 2004 as a significant event, yet I was divorced from the valve in 2011. I now consider 2011 as the important anniversary date as it is this date that marks how many years the valve has been in service.

I personally celebrate my valve/root replacement of nine years ago as my re-birthday.

I haven't been able to get my family to buy into throwing me a big re-birthday bash, however. So I just go to Hooters and have a few beers. :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back