Do I call my Cardio?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherbam

I missed my dose yesterday (6MG). So I thought I would split the missed dose over two days. My question is, should I call my cardio and/or retest at the lab? I'm thinking it is not a big deal after reading the threads on missed doses.::eek:

Simply take your missed dose split like you were going to. It all works out in the end. No point testing again unless your scheduled to do so.

What Time do you normally take your Coumadin?

I take mine just before bedtime. IF / WHEN I discover I forgot to take my evening dose (i.e. the next morning) I simply take the whole dose. If it is later in the day, I split the dose in half and take it over 2 days.

I NEVER call my Cardio about Coumadin dosing because my Coumadin is managed by a very competent group of CRNP's in a Coumadin Clinic which is part of my Cardiology Group. After several years on Coumadin, I don't bother the nurses over a missed dose either.

'AL Capshaw'

Al,

I take my coumadin at 4:AM. That is when I get up to go to the gym, to be in Work by 5:30AM. This morning I took 7.5 MG and tomorrow I will take the same. Does that sound right?
Thank you in advance,
Cheryl

cherbam said:
Al,

I take my coumadin at 4:AM. That is when I get up to go to the gym, to be in Work by 5:30AM. This morning I took 7.5 MG and tomorrow I will take the same. Does that sound right?
Thank you in advance,
Cheryl

Without knowing your daily schedule, I can't say if it is right or not.

What I can say is that since you missed a 6 mg dose, you should divide that 6 mg tablet in Half, and take that 3mg (half dose) IN ADDITION to your regular dose for 2 days.

'AL Capshaw'

3mg added to whatever you normally take for the next two days or completely forget it, settle for being low for a week and resume normal schedule.

cherbam said:
Al,

Thank you in advance,
Cheryl
Cher, I believe you should have taken 9mg this morning and 9mg tomorrow morning.
Your regular 6mg plus half of that (3) would be 9mg for 2 days.

Latest posts

Back