Dizzy and face pressure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle D

Sometimes I get a feeling of pressure in my face. Not painful pressure, just annoying and then I'll get dizzy or light headed. The doctor checked my bp lying down, sitting, and standing and it was fine. Ive never had sinus problems but could it be allergies? It comes and goes and I'm not stuffy or anything.

I was never allergic before my odyssey began in May 2007 but by the time I was released I could not look at a flower.....are you retaining fluids at all I record daily weight and BP for the heart function clinic and so the have me adjusting my own lasix

I've had a sinus infection once with a cold, it's not like that. No mucus, I'm not clogged up at all. I think it's possible that there could be inflammation, I took advil for some muscle ache and since then (3 hrs ago) the pressure feeling went away. It could be from allergies, last weekend my eyes were burning and puffy. It's weird since my mvr things feel different. It's like food tastes different, heat and pain feel different, and I have all these new weird sensations.

I have always attributed the different feelings that I have to medicines I take. I also think that afib causes me to feel differently at times.
I do know that I have sensations that I never had before and they change. And taste and smell are sometimes different and strange odors.

I have just learned to put up with it.

You have also had a lot to contend with lately. Didn 't you have some fibrillation and problems or something?

Last edited:
Missy, it's been a while since I've had any a-fib, most recently was another round of chest inflammation.

I know its not an infection because I just finished a z-pack that they started me on when I had the chest inflammation. I think it is allergies. Now if it is my dilemma is that meds really affect my PVCs and I don't know if there is an allergy medication that does not irritate arrythmias. My cardiologist already told me never to take benedryl. And I know not to take decongestants. Is claritin or any of the others safe for me? I will hopefully hear from my cardiologist today, if not I'll ask a pharmacist.

Latest posts

Back