disturbing discussion (hemroids)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrappy

I am about ten weeks post op and have developed bleeding when having a bowel movement. It has gotten worse over the last three days. I am going to my doctor today. I have a history of hemroids and am wondering if anyone else has this problem. I know it is not a fun topic to talk about, but it does have me worried. Also, should I be concerned about developing endocarditis from this? I know we are supposed to take antibiotics for bleeding before dental appointments. Is this different. I only found one other thread that delat with this issue, so hopefully I can get some good feedback. Thanks, Jason

Had some experience with this little problem myself due to the diuretics (note to self: drink more water). Soak in a sitz (or regular) bath 2 x day. I was told as hot as I could stand it. Rx cream that contained Lidocaine, OTC products didn't help ( I felt like I was sitting on broken glass) and a suppository. Took about 2 weeks to get better. I was also told to keep to a 'sick' diet; ie toast, crackers, weak decaf tea, etc. so there is less to work with.

Think FIBER.... and Water...

and Yes, get it checked out.

Hopefully you can find a 'management plan' that works so as to avoid the Big "S" (i.e. Surgery)

Latest posts

Back