dental cleanings and fillings in the same appt..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha 1

have you guys ever had a cleaning and then immediatey afterward, have a tooth filled? that is how they made out appt.. if you guys think that we should do it seperately, please let me know, it is in a couple of hours. i would really appreciate it, you guys know how much i worry about everything.
thanks
alpha 1

There is no reason to do it separately.

If you are on antibiotics, it covers the cleaning. It actually would cover both, but most fillings are not below the gum line, and so do not require prophylactic antibiotics by the ADA guidelines.

Best wishes,

have you guys ever had a cleaning and then immediatey afterward, have a tooth filled? that is how they made out appt.. if you guys think that we should do it seperately, please let me know, it is in a couple of hours. i would really appreciate it, you guys know how much i worry about everything.
thanks
alpha 1

Actually my dentist will do the cleaning & if he finds a cavity, I'll get scheduled for the filling at another date. I kind of wish he'd get everything done in one sitting but I guess that's the standard way of doing it.

I kind of think it's their way of raking in more money! :rolleyes:

thanks you guys. that is how they sceduled it, because we have been putting if off because of colds and other things, i guess i was worried about some of the particles getting under the gum line, but i guess you would have to worry about that with food particles as well. what if one wouldnt take care of their gums, would that be worse. it has been a while since the cleaning.

Don't worry....My whole life I went to the dentist every 6 months. But after OHS, there were some other issues and I didn't go for a cleaning until about 18 months later. The hygienist was not pleased with me, but it all worked out.
What I have learned is to keep dental floss beside my computer, and toothpicks on the dinner table.
Good Luck.

I had a cleaning and a crown installed (no drilling) and a filling installed (serious drilling) all in the same appointment back in February. I took my amoxicillin about an hour before the appt and had no problems. This was only days after getting the all-clear from my endocarditis treatment, BTW.

thanks guys, bina i want a goat and every other kind of animal too. as far as the endocarditis, can a person get this after surgery and treat it so that it wont be a problem, i mean can antibiotics nip it in the bud, before it would get so serious to cause a problem, i forget your code name cincinnati, i have to go back and dont manauever this computer so well. thanks
alpha 1

ok now i see it, take stock. sorry, i will get this sooner or later

Latest posts

Back