David is out of the CICU!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidswife

7 days post surgery and David has finally moved out of the CICU to the step down (telemetry) unit - yeah! It was a tiring day for him with the move and the removal of most of the lines (including the line in his neck that was really uncomfortable) and the foley catheter, and he also walked for the first time today (not very far). He looks really good and said he feels good, just a little discomfort at the incision. The incision is scabbing over and looks like it will heal really nicely. He's actually doing a lot better than me:(. I'm still sick and spent the whole time in the hospital wearing a mask which made me feel even worse. I am exhausted mentally and physically.

David will be getting a pacemaker/defibrillator tomorrow morning and we met with the three different people (a nurse practitioner from the cardiology group, the cardiologist who will be doing the procedure, and the Medtronics rep) who went over the procedure and answered any questions that we had. They have not started him on warfarin yet as they were anticipating his needing the pacemaker so he will most likely be in the hospital until the end of the week/weekend while they regulate the warfarin.

Nadine

Sorry he had such a ruff time. When I read stuff like this I understand how luky I am. He is over the moutain. God bless.

Nadine, he will be fine... if everyone was so lucky to have a rock like you on there side. Please continue to keep us posted... you are a God send, and give David my best. Hope to talk soon.

I'm glad to hear that David is out of CICU. It's a step in the right direction & God willing he will continue to improve day by day.

Now, you need to start taking care of yourself so get some much needed rest. You need to stay healthy because he'll need some tending to when he goes home.

Take care! :)

Glad David is out of intensive care and Nadine you've had alot
with your daughter moving and Davids surgery,you are a very
strong woman and now catch up on much deserved rest you
may be behind in,please tell us you are getting rest.
Take care and all the best to all of you in Davids recovery and
upon his homecoming from hospital.......GodBless,and luv to
see your posts

it took a little longer than I expected but David did have a bit of a bumpy ride. But it sounds like he is moving in the right direction. Give him our best. We are looking forward to seeing him post.

I'm glad to hear that David is showing signs of progress.

Now, YOU need to take a break, get some rest, and hopefully get over that cold / whatever because David WILL need you to help him adjust to being home during the first week.

(I still think you would make a GREAT Nurse :)

'AL Capshaw'

I am glad to read that David is out of CICU. As the others have said, hope you can get a chance to take care of yourself and get rested and better before he comes home.
Thinking of you both,

Hi Nadine,

Glad to hear David is out of CICU but sorry to hear he needs the pacer/dfib. I hope all goes well with the implant and he is home very soon.

Hope you feel better soon also. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Great News, but you also take care of yourself and try and get some much needed rest. My husband never left my side, it would worry me that he could not sleep at home and had to come to the hospital to sleep! He said it was not the same at home without me! But now I tell him go fishing, hunt do whatever you want to do! But do take some time for yourself, he will be fine. God Bless both of you small steps everyday!

The sort of news we want to hear! Sad about the pacemaker/defib but these things are sometimes needed to sort us out.I have now 8 weeks post op picked up a nasty cough and it still hurts my sternum, so you must get some rest and try to shake the cold/flu off before David gets home.

Hi Nadine, I am so happy to hear David is progressing and starting to feel better. Not so happy to hear you aren't feeling any better. Please try to get some rest you have been so wonderful for David and he still needs you so please take care of yourself. Now that he is beginning to feel better I am sure he would love for you get some rest, you have really had your hands full.

My best wishes and prayers to both of you for David's continued progress and you start feeling better soon.

Lori

What excellent news Nadine. A little better every day I hope. The pacemaker/defib will probably be a piece of cake compared to what he has been through so far. (Easy for me to say.) Get some rest girl! You are both in my thoughts and prayers... I hope you feel better soon.

Rhena

It's a very good day indeed when you get those tubes and lines out. That neck line does hurt, but having the chest tubes in can be agony.

Glad to hear he's in step-down. One more incision for the electronics, then next stop: home.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back