Date is picked and I am ready!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimcdougc

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I picked my surgeon after interviewing (3) to replace my aortic valve. Date of surgery is May 23, 2013 at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Dr. Barnhart won my heart so to speak!:D I want to thank each and everyone of you who post on this sight. You have made a very scary and personal OHS not so scary and ready to get it done and move on with life. Each of you give great advice and share your personal experience. It so helps those of us who are pre surgery to muddle through all the information and draw strength from all you share. I am getting an On-X valve. After all the advice and knowledge I have learned from each of you - I feel well informed and educated about my decision. Again, thanks to all of you for your positive encouragement to all of us.

-Kim

Congratulations on getting your plan in order, Kim. That, to me, is the important first step. Once you have a plan, all you have to do is work the plan - it greatly reduces the anxiety of impending surgery. Just do what is planned, and you "pop" out the other side with a new start on life.

Hi Kim! We are graduating the same month! I won't know my date until next week, but it will be in May, for sure. Good luck with the waiting. So far I'm finding that a little self-indulgence mixed in with all the planning helps immensely. (Of course, I'll take any excuse for shoe shopping, but no one can argue that this isn't one of the better ones I've come up with!)

Hi Kim,

I just underwent my mechanical valve implant on 5 April. It's tough for sure, but I'm already experiencing some benefits. Just remember when you are through surgery, walking is key.

I look forward to sharing experiences with you and best of luck!

Nate

Hi Kim: I am day 32 with my new ON-X Valve. I am extremely confident that I made the right choice for me. Be sure to fill out the pre and post surgery surveys on the ON-X site. There are 2- $100 gift cards in it for you!:thumbup:

Dear Kim,
Glad to know that your surgery date is set and you are ready to get done and overwith! That is a very positive and great attitude to have! I know in my heart that you will do just fine.

In the meantime, stay strong and focused....the date will get here before you know it!

Note: May 23rd is a very notable date in my life for two reasons: 1.) It is my beloved mom's birthdate and, 2.) It is the anniversary date of my first OHS in 1975! This May it will be 38 years since I had my double-valve implants! I was 24 years old then, I am now 62!

Thanks for your positive thoughts and comments. They mean a lot. Sunrise thanks for the heads up on the on-x gift cards. I am queen of cheap so I am always looking for the deal!

Mine is planned on that day also!!!!! TTEE and cath May 15 th. you can see my post earlier. Will be thinking of you!

Latest posts

Back