Date and time now established...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichardson

My surgery is going to be Monday, April 11th at 8:30 AM. I'm supposed to get there at 6:30 AM. I have a "pre op" series of tests on April 5th. I'm also supposed to stop taking my multivitamin, and not take any kind of blood thinners. So if I get a headache or something after the 4th of April, I just gotta deal with it.

Do you feel relieved now that the date is set? I did. I just wanted everything to be over and done with as soon as possible so I could get on the road to recovery, which I knew would be the harder part of the whole business. Before you know it you will be on the other side.

When I got the date and time, I told my wife I felt like it was a "calm anticipation". That's about the best way I can describe it. Though I'm not entirely sure what the "pre op" tests are for. I was told they'd take between 3 and 4 hours.

You should be able to take acetaminophen (Tylenol) for a headache. It has no anti-coagulation properties. Good luck. Have faith, it will go fine.

For me, the pre-op consisted of chest x-ray, blood tests, meeting with an internist, meeting with the anesthesiologist assitant, meeting with a cardiac dept. nurse, and some
general info booklets and regi papers. Get it over with ! Best wishes.

Aww what a relief that was for me to have a date. Calm anticipation is a good way to feel about that. Best of luck with all your pre test and or preoperative administration.
Kinda like a meet n greet.

Latest posts

Back