Dancing with the stars

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno - we have it on dvr b/c I take the hairy beast to agility class Monday nights. So don't tell me (I'll stay away from this thread for a couple days, until I get a chance to catch up)!

Unless he fell on his bum, I'm thinking Gilles will take it.

I must stop avoiding this project and get back to work, now.

they were all so good last night. I don't think the athlete will win for last nigh, tho. I still think it's Melissa except maybe last night wasn't good enough and Gilles' was terrific. a toss up.

I just didn't get the straight 10's for Shawn. I thought it was way to athletic looking, but still entertaining. I thought the comments on Melissa's dance was right on. There were some pauses between moves. I thought Gilles was good too, but not quite the best he's done. I think it's going to be Gilles. I bet Melissa is the first eliminated this evening.

The winner was Shawn and her partner. They did a routine tonight that was out of this world. They just outdanced overyone else. I wanted Gills to win. He was just so good to watch. What a handsome man and very humble. I didn't really care for Melissa at all, something about her, maybe too fake!

Well, last night was a shocker!!! In my opinion, Gilles should have won that hands down, with Melissa second (much to my chagrin), followed by Shawn. Obviously America didn't feel that way!!! I was glad Melissa was third, but Gilles was the best dancer.

Evelyn

There was less than a 1% difference in scores between Shawn and Gilles. They should have given them both the trophy IMHO. I just thought Gilles was the all-around better dancer in technique and emotion. But I will say - it was nice to see another professional dance besides Cheryl Burke win. Not that I don't like her, but she has won twice.

And I agree with the judges - it was the best season ever.

There was less than a 1% difference in scores between Shawn and Gilles. They should have given them both the trophy IMHO. I just thought Gilles was the all-around better dancer in technique and emotion. But I will say - it was nice to see another professional dance besides Cheryl Burke win. Not that I don't like her, but she has won twice.

And I agree with the judges - it was the best season ever.

Cheryl Burke ..... just the mention of her name peels my banana:D

I think what won it for Shawn was her freestyle. It was awesome and memorable. Gilles & Cheryl's freestyle choice didn't showcase the male dancer like it needed to. Their pasa doble was far superior, though. After the pasa I thought it would be Gilles, Melissa, Shawn, in that order. After the freestyle, I had to agree with the results, though.
I was just a bit disappointed for Gilles - Like the judges, when that dance ended, I was looking for more from him. I think that showed in the votes.

I think what won it for Shawn was her freestyle. It was awesome and memorable. Gilles & Cheryl's freestyle choice didn't showcase the male dancer like it needed to. Their pasa doble was far superior, though. After the pasa I thought it would be Gilles, Melissa, Shawn, in that order. After the freestyle, I had to agree with the results, though.
I was just a bit disappointed for Gilles - Like the judges, when that dance ended, I was looking for more from him. I think that showed in the votes.

It intrigues me that people are actually interested in the dancing:confused:;)

It intrigues me that people are actually interested in the dancing:confused:;)

You're so funny, Cooker.

DH and I took ballroom lessons for about a year, and then CW lessons at a local club for about 2 years. It gives one great respect for how difficult it really is.

Though the sheer sexiness of some of the dancers and dances doesn't hurt, either. Nor the costumes. Just plain fun!

I thought Shawn was going to win right from day one, she's America's Sweetheart.
Now I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I think the American people felt that Shawn should have won the All Round Event in the Olympics, not the Russian who turned American. JMHO

Now I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I think the American people felt that Shawn should have won the All Round Event in the Olympics, not the Russian who turned American. JMHO

No feathers ruffled here, but that's how I remember it. ;)

About the dancing, I'm clueless having not seen any of it.

I thought for sure Gilles would win. I thought Shawn did a good job but not overall.....Gilles was better. Something about Melissa I did not like. To much throwing around and not enough dancing,

Latest posts

Back