Dads follow up with CARDIO today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojofromct

It went well. Dad is doing good, incision is healing nicely. The cardio said when they feel up to it they can do "et em" again. YUCK! Anyway, I dont even want to think about that. My mom said my dad is not walking enough. Its hard because he is walking around the house because the weather is bad out there. So, I got on the phone with him today and said please walk just a little more than 12 minutes, I quit smoking, now you walk a littl more! The cardio said he can walk like 15 minutes. I think he is bored...LOL - but he is doing really good. INR is where they want it after 2 weeks and the Lovenox shots are done. I know its only two weeks since the surgery and we have a long road ahead of us...I pray he still continues to have a speedy recovery. Its a long road :)

Thanks for the update. It sounds like your Dad is doing fine. My recovery was during winter and I went to the mall to walk when I could. There's lots more to look at, and places to sit if he gets tired. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

That's awesome tell him to keep it up. I'm at the same place MVR 1/21 and have walked outside twice and walk in circles inside when I can't. I'm outside of Boston, same lovely weather.I have gone to the store to walk too. A change of scenery does you some good.

Glad he is doing so well- a walk in the mall is a good suggestion and it will get your Mom out of the house too.

The first 2 weeks are the Hard Part.

During the next 4 weeks, he should be able to see SMALL improvements on an almost daily basis. It is not uncommon to have some *small* setbacks, especially if he 'overdoes it' one day, but when he looks back over the week, he should see more good days than bad.

And YES, it always seems to go all to S-L-O-W for our liking. Persistence and Patience is the Key. It's like the Tortise and the Hare, Slow and Steady wins the race.

Best Wishes to you and your family in this 'adventure'.

'AL Capshaw'

question - my dad has is follow up wiht the surgeon in 2 weeks...he will be having an ECHO and XRAY, is that normal to have those before? They check to make sure everything is all good? I was concerened, so are the parents.

Jojo, I had an echo and xray before I left the hospital, at 2 weeks post op, at another month and then three months later (my Dr. is the nervous type), but yes, it is completely normal.

Kim

Latest posts

Back