Cycling across America for this wonderful forum.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David W

Hello all. I have already started a thread regarding cycling across America to raise funds for this site. I intend (everyone is welcome) to cycle east to west. Starting in Yorktown (Virginia) and ending in Astoria (Oregon) my question here is does anyone live on the route (map included) who would be kind enough to offer a sofa or even a garage or back garden so we could camp? It might make the journey a bit easier for all? Just thought I'd put this out there. I have just decided that this (is) going to happen around May 2017 which will give me plenty of time to organise the logistics. Any help would greatly appreciated.

David

Attachments

• photo9052.gif
    photo9052.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 117
Write me directly if you make it to Oregon. I live in Portland. I would love to help. Highway 101 from Lincoln City to Astoria can be dangerous.

I just watched a documentary, called Inspired to Ride, about the inaugural Trans Am Bike Race (TABR) in 2014. The winner of that race completed the 4,200 mile (6,800 km) course in less than 18 days. I do hope you are planning for a more leisurely pace. I'm sure it was a suffer-fest for the TABR riders but will be a wonderfully fulfilling adventure for you. I hope you can make it happen.

I drove thru Kansas once and it was long'flat and featureless, just a warning. However once you hit the Rockies outside of Denver there will be plenty to see.

Latest posts

Back