Crossfit!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex B

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My new workout regime. I don't recommend you start until you are "fully recovered". I started this workout about 4 months post op, and I've been trying to do 2-3 of these a week.

Just check out the Workout of the Day (WOD) on this website:
www.crossfit.com

They change it every day. Good blend of cardio and weights, with a lot of body weight exercises. If you are not sure what the exercise is, you can look on the forum there will be a video showing you how to do them, or youtube. I did my first muscle-up a few weeks back, so I'm still pumped from that. I was running prior to doing this stuff, but this is better suited for me, and also I noticed that my 5k time gets better from just doing these exercises, so that is SWEET! If you do one of these workouts, post your results in this forum. They can be competitive, so I'm challenging anyone here to try one and we can make it a friendly competition.

-later

Alex,
Great to see your post. I've also been doing a version of this stuff for about the last year, and what a difference it made in terms of getting back joint strength and flexibility. Some things are way improved from even pre-surgery. There's some good stuff to learn from those workouts (as long as we work within our abilities, of course).

Good stuff. While far from an avid Crossfitter, I am good friends with a few guys who are. I do enjoy some of the vacation, body weight only workouts once or twice a week. Most are variations of pushups, situps, and squats. My two favorites are to do 100 pushups, then 100 situps, then 100 squats (in order) as quickly as you can. I also like another one where you run a mile, do 100 pushups, then 100 squats, then run another mile as quickly as you can. Most of these are great workouts that may only take 15 or 20 minutes or so, so much faster than packing up and going to the gym. I mainly do some of this to mix it up and break out of my normal routine. Love it. Hang in there guys, hope all is well.

Latest posts

Back