coumadin and sleeplessness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witzkeyman

taking coumadin at bedtime and sleeplessness. Is there a correlation?
once I take Coumadin, I suddenly lose my tired feeling. Is this in my head?

If I have trouble to fall asleep I blame my BP meds....haven't noticed anything due to Coumadin, but I like to take it at dinner with my meal. Can you take it with breakfast and see how it goes?

I have not noticed any thing like that. I take every day at 6pm. I think u are feeling like that.

srinivas Heart History:
13/6/2008 2D Echo Diagnosed Ascending Aortic Dissection ,Bicuspid aortic valve, Moderate AR at the age of 38(2008)
9/6/08 CT scan shows Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection extending upto brachio cephalic trunk and mild aneurysm
16/07/08 Operative findings & repair. Aortic aneurysm approx size 10 cms diameter.Aneurysm extd upto 1c m from innomiate artery. Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery procedure done to repair my anueuysm with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit(SN 84094003.REF25CAVGJ-51400 AOROTIC VALVED GRAFT) At CARE Hospital Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India. Surgeon: Dr K.s. Neelakandan gave me re birth! Dr . Sridar,Dr.Amreesh, Dr.Jagannatham completed the formalities.

thanks. I was taking it an hour before I went to sleep. I'm going to switch the dosing schedule. thanks

witzkeyman:

What has been your schedule between taking your warfarin & going to bed? Have you been watching TV, reading, etc.? Those could be keeping you too wired to go to sleep naturally.

I switched to taking Coumadin at lunchtime and have slept well the past 3 nights. For whatever reason, I was waking up to urinate when I took the Coumadin at bedtime. I like the at-lunch schedule a lot more. thanks for all of the responses

Latest posts

Back