Coumadin and "Romance" Woman's POV

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangebrittainy

I read the post regarding a man, but have any woman had that side effect. I ask because on my spring break I got out of my routine and missing 2 doses in 3 days. I was actually interested in romance. I am never interested in romance. I can and do perform, but until I am warmed up I have no desire. Anyways. Because of my sudden interest my husband asked me right after, "Have you been taking your meds." I had noticed the missing doses that morning, but how would he know? He said that it used to be the pattern, miss a dose and I am interested. He has never pressed me, he has never made me feel bad for not wanting it. So I went to the OB they did blood work and a few tests and nothing came up to cause a lack of interest. He is referring me to group therapy. I go to see my old fashioned small town dr next week. He is the one who keeps up with my coumadin. Should I bring it up with him? Is it just a coincidence? I am hesitant for group therapy, for several reasons, one being although my insurance will cover most of it, I am pinching pennies, and I don't need yet another round of co-pays, the other reason being I am afraid they will try to ask my husband to go and I just know he won't.... Sighs.....

Brittainy,

Surprised nobody responded to this. I would look at your blood pressure meds before the coumadin. I think that causes more problems than coumadin. There are lots of choices and it's pretty easy to try different ones.

Gary

I agree with Gary's thoughts about looking at other meds as a cause.

Perhaps spring break coincided with a day in your cycle when your hormones were more amped up and the two events together led to your increased interest?

Coumadin makes no difference. The Beta blockers can cause ED in men. Myself, I've noticed no difference...except there's more romance when I'm HEALTHY.

Latest posts

Back