Cough up blood anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acr

Hiya All,

About 5 weeks ago I coughed up some mucus that was mostly blood, the size of a large pea. Not like clear/yellow with a streak of blood, but mostly blood. Dark red-ish, fun hey.

Anyway did nothing for a few days as I was on holiday/vacation, was just about to get on the plane before it happened. Never happened before, and never since. Rang my brother who knows about thes ethings (he's a doctor). He said "well you're on Warfarin so these things can happen.....if it happens again go and see someone, else don't worry".

Roll forward 4 weeks and I saw my GP for something else, and mentioned this episode. I've now been sent for a Chest X-Ray, should get the results soon.

So, anyone else ever had this, and what do you reckon they are looking for on the chest X-ray ?

My NON-Professional *guess* is that since it hasn't happened again and the amount was rather small, It's NO BIG DEAL.
You might want to mention it to whoever manages your anticoagulation (if that is someone other than your GP who already knows as you stated).

'AL Capshaw'

Good call, shall do. We have space for notes on our INR test forms like '...have you had any unexpected bruising/bleeding etc...." - I shall fill it in.

Ade

My guess is that it was an isolated event since it happened only one time. I have had "red" blood in mucus a few times....from minor nose bleeds when my nose got dry. Good idea to make note of it.

Latest posts

Back