Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 6-6

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, here's what you do after reaching a benchmark like 20 lbs. Next time you're in the grocery store go find a 10 lb potato sack. Grab one in each hand and lift. It has a tremendous impact when you can feel that weight in your hands. If you're not especially strong, the impact might be 10 lbs of spuds on the floor, but that's OK, they're eventually going to be mashed anyway.

Ok, we are a little over the half way mark for the week?..how are you folks doing?....we have seen one or two pre-reports that sound very encouraging?.I hope everyone is having a successful week??.:)

Does anyone have any input on the effect that heat has on weight?....DW is getting discouraged because the scales have not been her friend as of late and she swears she is staying in her points?..I refuse to weigh everyday?.That?s diet suicide for me?..:eek:

Anyway, just wondering about the heat thing?.Hey, we need some summertime light and cool recipes added to Karlynn?s "Throw Down Recipe" thread?..I know you all have a favorite summer dish that you can share!!!!:D......

Take one cold brew in a frosty long neck bottle.

Drink.

Take second cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take third cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take fourth cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take fifth cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take sixth cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take your next six-pack out of the cooler.

Repeat as necessary....

Take one cold brew in a frosty long neck bottle.

Drink.

Take second cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take third cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take fourth cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take fifth cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take sixth cold brew in a frosty long neck.

Drink.

Take your next six-pack out of the cooler.

Repeat as necessary....

SuperBob??I fear that the Ref may put the kibosh on that recipe:eek:?..twelve of those long neck frosty beverages may have the same effect as that of the controlled substance, prune juice:D?..but then again, if she samples the ?recipe? she my not give a flip after the second or third??:cool::p:cool:

Ok, we are a little over the half way mark for the week?..how are you folks doing?....we have seen one or two pre-reports that sound very encouraging?.I hope everyone is having a successful week??.:)

Does anyone have any input on the effect that heat has on weight?....DW is getting discouraged because the scales have not been her friend as of late and she swears she is staying in her points?..I refuse to weigh everyday?.That?s diet suicide for me?..:eek:

Anyway, just wondering about the heat thing?.Hey, we need some summertime light and cool recipes added to Karlynn?s "Throw Down Recipe" thread?..I know you all have a favorite summer dish that you can share!!!!:D......

Re heat and weight loss: I guess we think of "sweating off" the pounds; however, when we replenish our fluids (See Superbob's analysis of beer consumption), we may wind up putting back on more than we've taken off. Life is unfair -- there ought to be SOME benefit to this ugly heat wave! :eek:

Well….I must confess that the Chimps pants are a little snug today…..That’s because I’m wearing 36 INCH WAIST:D:D:D:D…..My 38 were looking baggy and since chimps are known for having the “no ass-atoll” syndrome:rolleyes: I thought I would try on a pair that I had tucked away in hopes that I would someday be back in them…..At one time I had porked out to a whopping 42 inch waist….yes I was quite the fat-ass….

Needing and having an AVR is the best thing that has every happened to me….it started the ball rolling for better…..well lets just say better everything…..

Congratulations tight-waisted one!

LOL...thanks Wise....I just had my dinner and am having a sugar fit....I know that if I take any at all I will be off to the races:eek:.....I have been making an effort to eat under my points....tough.....apples help but would be more satisfying in the form of pie:rolleyes:

LOL...thanks Wise....I just had my dinner and am having a sugar fit....I know that if I take any at all I will be off to the races:eek:.....I have been making an effort to eat under my points....tough.....apples help but would be more satisfying in the form of pie:rolleyes:

Now now now. WW says that eating under your points slows your weight loss.

I'm going to try my "ice cream" suggestion again. LOL. Hey, but you'd like this. I tastes like the real thing, no kidding. Breyer's CarbSmart Chocolate. 1 point for 1/2 cup. Delicious. Swing over the local jungle grocer and get some...quick! ;)

Good on ya Cooker!

...hopefully we will all be reaching for our skinny pants if we follow your lead and success :D

Is Mrs Cooker pleased?.

Now now now. WW says that eating under your points slows your weight loss.

I'm going to try my "ice cream" suggestion again. LOL. Hey, but you'd like this. I tastes like the real thing, no kidding. Breyer's CarbSmart Chocolate. 1 point for 1/2 cup. Delicious. Swing over the local jungle grocer and get some...quick! ;)

Correct oh "Wise" one, I try to stay just under....maybe three max....that covers the occasion night time nosh......I'm not sure I buy into the 35 bonus points....I know they are not for all at once, more of a buffer but I keep those in a closet in case I run into a banana pudding buffet:D

Correct oh "Wise" one, I try to stay just under....maybe three max....that covers the occasion night time nosh......I'm not sure I buy into the 35 bonus points....I know they are not for all at once, more of a buffer but I keep those in a closet in case I run into a banana pudding buffet:D

Cindy does buy into them either. She's used a few very rarely.

I have used them some. Never all at once. Not to say I won't.:D
My favorite use of bonus points was Longhorn's Key Lime Pie, which after comparing different sources for points, I count as 13-15 points.

The most important thing for me to stay satisfied with my eating plan is the allowance of treats. If I can't have those, I'd struggle. Usually for convenience sake, I eat my "ice cream."

Does anyone else have "treat" suggestions? I need them! Mary I'd try your recipe, but I don't like Angel Food cake. :eek:

Cindy does buy into them either. She's used a few very rarely.

I have used them some. Never all at once. Not to say I won't.:D
My favorite use of bonus points was Longhorn's Key Lime Pie, which after comparing different sources for points, I count as 13-15 points.

The most important thing for me to stay satisfied with my eating plan is the allowance of treats. If I can't have those, I'd struggle. Usually for convenience sake, I eat my "ice cream."

Does anyone else have "treat" suggestions? I need them! Mary I'd try your recipe, but I don't like Angel Food cake. :eek:

Evening snacks.....fruit.....oatmeal (not the cookies :p)....and the chimps favorite......BANANA SHAKE:D

2 frozen very ripe bananas
1 cup skim milk
Sweet N Low to taste.....

Put it all in the bender.......Yummoooooo

We buy bananas on the reduced stand at the grocery (damn near rotten) just for freezing.....

Wise,
We're putting whipped cream (lowfat from the can) on everything!:D I'll tell ya; everything tastes better with whipped cream!:p

Actually we're putting it on the refrigerated sugar-free jello and jello puddings.;)

Bob has started kind -of- going- along with my weight loss regime, and he's lost 9 pounds.:)
But now we're fighting over the whipped cream!

Congrats to all of you hard working and lucky people:)
I have NO loss to report:(:mad:

Karlynn: thank you for last week's post, it helps to
know that there are those who understand .
Im not giving in.

Cooker: I too have many sizes;from 7-14,I threw out the 5's 2 years
ago,but kept the 7's out of a fervent sense of hope.I dont want to
tell you what I NOW fit into ,but you can probably guess from my near
panicked state in regard to weight loss.
Thanks for listening

Last edited:
Back