Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 6-6

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings from the deep south:cool:....I hope everyone is well and that we will have some encouraging reports:).....Summer has hit South Carolina....actual temperatures for-casted for the next few days around 100F with the index approaching 107F:eek::cool:....I just bring this up to remind everyone how important it is to stay hydrated!!!....Drinking plenty of water is a must....so do it:p

As reported in last weeks thread I have had a few late night slips and have not been on the scales:eek:.....I am back on plan and have resolved to do better....the point...we will all fall off the horse from time to time but as long as we climb back on we will succeed.....I will keep my promise and weigh in every week regardless of the numbers.....

Karlynn has started a new thread for ThrowDown recipes....A great idea!...I have a few "guy" recipes (easy, low fat, comfort food) that will be sharing....you know...the one pot kind of things we do when we are left to prepare a meal:D.....Mary has already posted one that sounds great and DW is going to make it this weekend:D.....read the thread to see it:p....oh, and Mary...can you substitute Jellybeans for the peaches??????:p

Supposed to be 95 today here in the "cool" mountains. :eek: Superbob is already longing for fall.

With summer comes the harvest. DW and I went to our daughter's orchard in suburbia the other day and picked ripe cherries. Then pitted then -- and DW then made cherry cobbler. I had suggested she use Splenda for baking and she had good intentions but out of sheer habit born from North Carolina cuisine, she dumped a ton of regular sugar in there. So SB had been so good all week, but now, ummmmmm, not so much. :eek:

Superbob had hoped to be down at least another pound this week, but now he will be doing well to stay the same.

COLOR="Red"]Mary has already posted one that sounds great and DW is going to make it this weekend:D.....read the thread to see it:p....oh, and Mary...can you substitute Jellybeans for the peaches??????:p[/COLOR]

I'm throwing this one right back at ya!
biteme.jpg

Superbob, you brought back some lovely memories for me. :) I remember picking cherries with my family growing up, and sitting for HOURS on the porch, pitting them. Then Daddy would can them for wonderful cherrie pies. He also made cherry jam, cherry syrup, etc. Ditto with blueberries. Yummy. That man was a wonderful cook, and bless Grandma for teaching him.

Weight-wise, I've managed to stabilize this week, no losses, no gains. But as Cooker said last week, you have to stop going up before you can get the scale to drop. I wonder how much of my struggle with these couple of pounds is the sotolol I started (with the new defibrillator in December), and how much is poor portion control or under-exercising. Weight gain is listed as a side effect, but it's no excuse, and I'm not going to roll over and let it happen.

This week I had my first out of office wireless Carelink check up on my new defibrillator--and the nurse told me he could tell those weeks this past month when my weight and water retention were giving me problems, because the defib's osmotic resistance (?) function showed it. Kinda funny, kinda comforting to know it's that sensitive, and kinda spooky/Big Brotherish to know my bionics will tattle on me if I fall off the wagon. :eek:

Supposed to be 95 today here in the "cool" mountains. :eek: Superbob is already longing for fall.

With summer comes the harvest. DW and I went to our daughter's orchard in suburbia the other day and picked ripe cherries. Then pitted then -- and DW then made cherry cobbler. I had suggested she use Splenda for baking and she had good intentions but out of sheer habit born from North Carolina cuisine, she dumped a ton of regular sugar in there. So SB had been so good all week, but now, ummmmmm, not so much. :eek:

Superbob had hoped to be down at least another pound this week, but now he will be doing well to stay the same.

SuperBob?..the only thing I can say about the cobbler is??..get a bigger spoon!!!!!:D.....Southern cobbler of any type is ambrosia to the gods??.

I thought substituting Splenda for sugar in cobbler, below the Mason Dixon Line, was grounds for divorce:confused:;)

This week I had my first out of office wireless Carelink check up on my new defibrillator--and the nurse told me he could tell those weeks this past month when my weight and water retention were giving me problems, because the defib's osmotic resistance (?) function showed it. Kinda funny, kinda comforting to know it's that sensitive, and kinda spooky/Big Brotherish to know my bionics will tattle on me if I fall off the wagon. :eek:

I have had my new defibrillator for a little over a year. I had the same reaction as you when I found out it could keep track of water retention. Kinda cool, and kinda creepy! It's also weird to me that I can be checked "wirelessly." I've had a pacemaker since I was 7 years old and the technology for checking them sure has changed over the last 14 years! :D

Superbob, you brought back some lovely memories for me. :) I remember picking cherries with my family growing up, and sitting for HOURS on the porch, pitting them. Then Daddy would can them for wonderful cherrie pies. He also made cherry jam, cherry syrup, etc. Ditto with blueberries. Yummy. That man was a wonderful cook, and bless Grandma for teaching him.

Weight-wise, I've managed to stabilize this week, no losses, no gains. But as Cooker said last week, you have to stop going up before you can get the scale to drop. I wonder how much of my struggle with these couple of pounds is the sotolol I started (with the new defibrillator in December), and how much is poor portion control or under-exercising. Weight gain is listed as a side effect, but it's no excuse, and I'm not going to roll over and let it happen.

I have had my new defibrillator for a little over a year. I had the same reaction as you when I found out it could keep track of water retention. Kinda cool, and kinda creepy! It's also weird to me that I can be checked "wirelessly." I've had a pacemaker since I was 7 years old and the technology for checking them sure has changed over the last 14 years! :D

Laurie...Congratulations on stabilizing?.now you can start the downward trend!!!!

Now about this monitoring you two are subjecting yourself to?.I had no idea such things were going on?..I wonder if we could have a monitoring device designed for the ThrowDown:cool:?..you know?it could detect sugar and fat content of food when it comes within 5 inches of the mouth?.at that point a small internal tone would sound to warn the ThrowDowner?..it the food continued to move toward the mouth a shock would be delivered with sufficient amperage to knock the food from the ThrowDowners hand??.sort of like one of those electric chimp collars:D:D:p

OK...so now I know, you guys have stolen our sun!...:p

This week went so fast that I forgot I was going to try fit some exercise in :eek:...actually spent all week driving the middle-son and his friends back and forth from school for exams...with Petrol at $1.60 a litre :eek::mad: that makes for an expensive week!

Can't hardly wait to see how everyone else went this week, I bet you did more exercise than me.

After being off the chain for a few days this week I am pleased to report a net no change for the week....I have been strict on WW plan for the past three days and hope to carry it into this week. ...One day and one pound at a time.....I know that I have lost weight but it was weight I gained with jellybeans and donuts and a few snack machine raids:rolleyes:......I have reset my goal...I'm going after the next 20 pounds (like SuperBob), one pound at a time (like our Bonnie):)......

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................200
This week....................200
Weekly Change............0 :D
Total Loss......................33

I weighed at WW yesterday afternoon, so I'm going with that weight (haven't weighed today). I stayed the same, and I am thankful!:p:p
11 pounds off in 11 weeks.
I'm glad you're back on track, Cooker, and I can tell it's going to be a good week for the Throw Down crew!

I put back on those 2 pounds I lost last week... I seem to be see-sawing between these two pounds. :( I think it's really more about water retention going up and down than any actual weight loss... I need to get cracking on the exercise. I would LOVE to be under the 130 mark by the end of the summer (which is only 3-5 pounds away!). I know that the fertility meds they'll use for my egg retrieval can cause people to gain weight and I'd like to start off as low as I can so it's not as bad!

So here are the actual stats:

Starting weight: 142
Last week: 132
This week: 134
Week's change: +2
Total change: -8

I weighed at WW yesterday afternoon, so I'm going with that weight (haven't weighed today). I stayed the same, and I am thankful!:p:p
11 pounds off in 11 weeks.
I'm glad you're back on track, Cooker, and I can tell it's going to be a good week for the Throw Down crew!

Great job Mary:).....DW weighs in on Thursday as well and I am considering the same....She is usually ready for a little reward Thursday night, especially if she has good results..... I on the other hand am being WW diligent anticipating my Friday morning weigh in......It's always nice if both want a little treat at the same time;)

For 5/7 of this week, Superbob was a poster boy for the Throw Down, he really was, he was really good. Then came homemade cherry cobbler. Then came yesterday when it was too hot to turn on the stove, so instead of packing DW and granddaughter up to go to some place like Applebees, with great weight-watching meals, Superbob suggested ordering -- PIZZA! :mad: So last night at midnight, Superbob was still stuffing his face with leftover pizza.

Bottom line: Only after applying The Chimp's remedy this morning was Superbob able to hold his weight GAIN for the week to 1 pound. Yuck, and double yuck!

For 5/7 of this week, Superbob was a poster boy for the Throw Down, he really was, he was really good. Then came homemade cherry cobbler. Then came yesterday when it was too hot to turn on the stove, so instead of packing DW and granddaughter up to go to some place like Applebees, with great weight-watching meals, Superbob suggested ordering -- PIZZA! :mad: So last night at midnight, Superbob was still stuffing his face with leftover pizza.

Bottom line: Only after applying The Chimp's remedy this morning was Superbob able to hold his weight GAIN for the week to 1 pound. Yuck, and double yuck!

Do not despair SuperBob....you in your cape will always be the poster boy :D

................midnight pizza......nothing better :D....well maybe;).......

SuperBob you'll be bounding over midnight pizzas in no time. Even a steely resolve bends sometimes.

Actually everyone is doing good; no one has fallen totally off and gained 20 lbs. or something. A slight gain or no gain is part of the normal process.

Here's the results of the Wise & Cindy horse race:

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 170.4 lbs.
Last Week: 157.6 lbs.
This Week: 154.8 lbs.
Weekly Change: -2.8 lbs.
Total Loss: -15.6 lbs.

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8 lbs.
Last Week: 190.2 lbs.
This Week: 189.2 lbs.
Weekly Change: -1 lbs.
Total Loss: -15.6 lbs.

A good week all around. We are neck and neck; nose and nose; tail and tail; or however you want to measure it, tied.

Back