Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 6-27

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niki and Karlynn, let me get this straight --- this fancy exercise machine NAGS at you???!!! :eek::eek: Good grief, what are spouses for? :p

Most spouses (like mine ) are afraid to even mention the words fat,weight,
or calories, since it usually means the silent treatment or the repetitive
question.... Do you REALLY think Im Fat???? over and over again:D

OH NO!!!!...I didnt realise these Wii machines pick on you for daily weight fluctuations...I hope its encouraging when you have a loss.

Hi All! I'm on vacation in the Adirondacks and, fortunately, do not have access to a scale or I'd certainly have to report a serious weight gain! (Think LOTS of wine, ice cream, steak, risotto, cheese, s'mores, etc...) I've been doing lots of reading, kayaking, rowing (as coxswain, actually:rolleyes:) and other fun and relaxing stuff (like eating :D).

I just peeked in for a minute and wanted to say Hi and to encourage the chimp to leave the nicotine behind. Good for you, Cooker!

The Good News...and the bad news...

The Good News...and the bad news...

I did pretty well this past week, considering I turned 50 and all:eek:. I didn't lose my .6 lb to get to my target weight. I actually GAINED this week.:( But the good news is...I only gained .2 lb so I still have my 25 lbs off! That's a relief. Well...at least I DID have 25 lbs off before I went and had my free birthday dinner at La Casita, and then a couple of bloody Mary's. They don't just give you a free bday drink anymore, you have to buy one first...and then they give you a free one. So I had two. My sister, with whom I share a birthday, wanted me to have one more at another place but I was actually stuffed, and couldn't have had another if I tried.

I figured a bloody Mary can't be all bad, what with the tomato juice and all, I got my veggies for the day, right?? Oh well, ya only turn 50 once!:D

Yes... But at least it's not a real human being so you can just push the power button and ignore it. ;) Granted, when I got the thing I didn't realize it was going to nag. But it also tells me I'm a bodybuilder, so I guess I'll forgive it. ;)

Hey SuperBob.....this thing is starting to sound like a "blow up trainer".....I'll stick with you and the real thong....I mean thing:D;)

Hi All! I'm on vacation in the Adirondacks and, fortunately, do not have access to a scale or I'd certainly have to report a serious weight gain! (Think LOTS of wine, ice cream, steak, risotto, cheese, s'mores, etc...) I've been doing lots of reading, kayaking, rowing (as coxswain, actually:rolleyes:) and other fun and relaxing stuff (like eating :D).

I just peeked in for a minute and wanted to say Hi and to encourage the chimp to leave the nicotine behind. Good for you, Cooker!

Hi PJ....Enjoy your vacation.....Thanks for the encouragement...it is tough but getting easier every day:)

Most spouses (like mine ) are afraid to even mention the words fat,weight,
or calories, since it usually means the silent treatment or the repetitive
question.... Do you REALLY think Im Fat???? over and over again:D

Honey...does this make me look fat?........LMAO x 2........It takes a real DA to even answer such a question:D.......And southern gals have iron skillets:eek::eek:

Hey SuperBob.....this thing is starting to sound like a "blow up trainer".....I'll stick with you and the real thong....I mean thing:D;)
You can pick either a the woman trainer or the man - I have the man training me now. :D And he is very encouraging. He tells me when I'm doing well! It's much more of a positive reinforcement than negative. I just think it's none of it's business if I'm giving Glenn enough attention!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

You can pick either a the woman trainer or the man - I have the man training me now. :D And he is very encouraging. He tells me when I'm doing well! It's much more of a positive reinforcement than negative. I just think it's none of it's business if I'm giving Glenn enough attention!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

That is too funny! What a nosy trainer. It's even funnier that it's the woman trainer. :p;)

I'd love to have a Wii. Even the games are athletic!

Okay, Fourth of July fast approaches (and no I'm not saying a "fast " is approaching -- trying to do this without editing :) Time to recognize the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence. How to celebrate the national birthday while remaining Throw Down viable? Eat the hot dogs without buns? Eat sugar-free apple pie topped with sugar-free ice cream? What are the strategies?

Superbob, Supergranddaughter, and Superdawg walked 1 1/2 miles in the country and ate some newly ripened blackberries along the way this morning in prep for Independence Day. Hope everyone has a safe and happy one!

Okay, Fourth of July fast approaches (and no I'm not saying a "fast " is approaching -- trying to do this without editing :) Time to recognize the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence. How to celebrate the national birthday while remaining Throw Down viable? Eat the hot dogs without buns? Eat sugar-free apple pie topped with sugar-free ice cream? What are the strategies?

Superbob, Supergranddaughter, and Superdawg walked 1 1/2 miles in the country and ate some newly ripened blackberries along the way this morning in prep for Independence Day. Hope everyone has a safe and happy one!

My plan has been shot through and through........I wish everyone a safe and happy 4th.....Say a prayer for our men and women serving this great country....may God keep them from harms way.

Honey...does this make me look fat?........LMAO x 2........It takes a real DA to even answer such a question:D.......And southern gals have iron skillets:eek::eek:
So Right -more tiffs have been caused by that loaded question, and you
are right it takes a real arbiter to crawl out from under that ;)

Latest posts

Back