Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 5-9

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings folks and welcome to another week of losing:D ....We have several new members throw their hat into the ThrowDown ring, welcome !!!!.....:)

In this weeks thread I would like to see some posts on what this thread means to you and your quest for weight loss and a healthier lifestyle....Reflection is a powerful tool....it can flood us with gratitude and/or renew our resolve for action:D ....

I seldom dole out praise and thanks to individuals for fear that someone may feel left out or unapprciated...each and every ThrowDowner is responsible for the success of this thread and every ounce that I have lost and I thank you...But I want to give a special kudo to SuperBob and Mary(the Ref)....Though my name is in the title, these two have been especially instrumental in keeping this going and to it's success....thank you.

Enough of the mushy crappola:mad: ;) ......Get on those scales and report in....good, bad or ugly accountability is a big part of the name of this game:)

Goodness, and Superbob was poised to use the excuse that his son's chocolate lab puppy ate the scales this week, and now The Chimp shovels it thick about Superbob's contribution.

Scoffers will think that's the equivalent of "the dog ate my homework" excuse, but those who have had chocolate lab puppies will understand. This one has pulled such stunts as chewing up a glass water pitcher and busting DW's favorite flower pot into smithereens, not to mention eating my deck and assorted trees. :eek:

So eating the bathroom scales is not a stretch. :p Nevertheless, Superbob will have to find a way to get weighed (maybe he'll weigh the puppy instead :p ) so he can keep faith with the multitudes here -- though the stats may not be pretty. :eek:

Aha! A great question...what does this thread mean to me!

It's like a watchbird watching over me. I think of you as a group and your faces (or avatars, or my imaginings of you anyway) pop in every time I start to go astray. Now, a lot of the time, I dodge those images and cheat on my plan to lose weight....but the next time you are all back there watching over me and it really, really helps.

Haven't hopped on the scale yet and probably won't. We are headed to Seattle tomorrow for a Mariner's game and time with our middle child. We're feeling broke these days, and that's good so we won't go out to extravagant restaurants (probably sushi...well....and a hot dog at the game??) My latest self-protective device is to cut everything in half....half as much orange juice in the morning, half a cup of coffee, half of that donut, half of my snack, etc.

Yesterday I went in to see my GP about some skin annoyance. She is a lovely, barely 40 if that, young woman and mother. I just love this doctor (some of you will remember me mentioning her before). Anyway, I hadn't seen her for almost a year and I HAVE lost over 20 pounds since then. She smiled and looked at me and said...Wow, how is it that you look younger each time I see you!! Now THAT was a great compliment! Made my day! Also made me realize that she had seen me quite often in the year prior to my surgery and I think I looked really sick that year (espeically looking at photos)

So here's to GOOD HEALTH along with our ambitions and goals for weight loss. LEt's not forget that what we are doing is also a wonderful way to maintain our good health!

I'll try to be more regular around here. Think of you guys...you're always hovering....but it a good way!!

:D Marguerite

Marguerite53 said:
Aha! A great question...what does this thread mean to me!

It's like a watchbird watching over me. I think of you as a group and your faces (or avatars, or my imaginings of you anyway) pop in every time I start to go astray. Now, a lot of the time, I dodge those images and cheat on my plan to lose weight....but the next time you are all back there watching over me and it really, really helps.

Haven't hopped on the scale yet and probably won't. We are headed to Seattle tomorrow for a Mariner's game and time with our middle child. We're feeling broke these days, and that's good so we won't go out to extravagant restaurants (probably sushi...well....and a hot dog at the game??) My latest self-protective device is to cut everything in half....half as much orange juice in the morning, half a cup of coffee, half of that donut, half of my snack, etc.

Yesterday I went in to see my GP about some skin annoyance. She is a lovely, barely 40 if that, young woman and mother. I just love this doctor (some of you will remember me mentioning her before). Anyway, I hadn't seen her for almost a year and I HAVE lost over 20 pounds since then. She smiled and looked at me and said...Wow, how is it that you look younger each time I see you!! Now THAT was a great compliment! Made my day! Also made me realize that she had seen me quite often in the year prior to my surgery and I think I looked really sick that year (espeically looking at photos)

So here's to GOOD HEALTH along with our ambitions and goals for weight loss. LEt's not forget that what we are doing is also a wonderful way to maintain our good health!

I'll try to be more regular around here. Think of you guys...you're always hovering....but it a good way!!

:D Marguerite

Marguerite...thanks for the lovely post.....Have a great weekend and.......I'll take the other half of that hotdog:D

We just returned from a week on Maui, and I am astonished to report I only gained 2 pounds!!!! It's either all the walking or my scale is broken. It certainly is not because I behaved myself because I didn't--there are seemingly no veggies to be had on Maui, but there are certainly Hula pies and chocolate cakes. Oh, and fish and chips, too.
But ick, I don't feel as good as I do when I eat right, so I am happily back on my WW Core starting this morning, and want to shed the 3 lbs I am carrying above my maintenance weight.
I'll post a couple of pics as soon as I download the camera (sorry, no bikini pics ;) ).
Start wt: 169 ish
goal wt: 132
maintenance wt 125
current wt 128

AgilityDog said:
We just returned from a week on Maui, and I am astonished to report I only gained 2 pounds!!!! It's either all the walking or my scale is broken. It certainly is not because I behaved myself because I didn't--there are seemingly no veggies to be had on Maui, but there are certainly Hula pies and chocolate cakes. Oh, and fish and chips, too.
But ick, I don't feel as good as I do when I eat right, so I am happily back on my WW Core starting this morning, and want to shed the 3 lbs I am carrying above my maintenance weight.
I'll post a couple of pics as soon as I download the camera (sorry, no bikini pics ;) ).
Start wt: 169 ish
goal wt: 132
maintenance wt 125
current wt 128

A week in Maui and only three pounds:eek: ....That is wonderful...and I'm with you...We did not fine the fruits and veggies we were use to....but we did not look too hard:D Welcome back....can't wait to see the pics:)

Inspiration, accountability and most of all laughter!!! I'm not weighing these days, but trying very hard to keep on track. (I'd been so good, and then our anniversary was Friday, followed the next day with a ride to our favorite biker bar where they make incredible sandwiches).

If I didn't come to VR for anything else, I know I'd still come for the Throw Down.

VR.com is a wonderful thing, the support of this community is in my opinion, amazing and divinely inspired. It has calmed an untold numbers fears and tears. I can not begin to image the void that would be left if it ceased to exist.

Now as far as the Throw Down goes….it has added many things to my life….accountability, more laughter, more humor, better health……but the best of all is that I have grown very close to several members…it has allowed friendships to blossom and grow…it has allowed me to feel that I have known some for years when we have never, and may never meet……I love you guys……

End of mush…..

Accountability seems to be a common benefit of our Throw-down...Knowing that I want to report in each Friday makes me eat more sensibly and somehow have avoided the temptation to over-indulge on my favourite treats. I would like this feeling of dedication to extend to my commitment to exercise but alas it hasnt happened yet.

I am also avoiding the scales at present...hoping to add exercise to my routine of healthy eating then I may begin to weigh-in again....I havent lost or gained weight and it was just getting boring and uninspiring to weigh the same each week.

My most favourite part of this Throw-down is seeing the dedication and successes of our peoples here who achieved great things.

Hmmm.... What does the Throw Down mean to me??? It has certainly helped me stay on track (or get back on when I derail). Not to mention the oodles and oodles of laughter! :D

This week I've done amazingly well... At least I thought so. When I ate I thought "What would make me feel good when I report in to VR?" And for the most part I did that (even ordered a salad at the fast food restaurant I drove through for lunch today!)... Until this evening. :( Nathan's sister came into town and we met at Snuffer's (a greasy burger joint famous for their fried potatoes drowned in cheese, bacon, green onions, jalapenos, and ranch dressing). It wasn't my choice and when I heard I wondered what in the world I was going to be able to order and feel good about. Nathan asked if I wanted to split a burger and some cheese fries. I agreed and though "Perfect. I'll just eat half a burger and a few of the fries." I should have known better. I ate- no inhaled- my half of the burger, then proceeded to stuff my face with more than half the fries! :eek: :( Now I'm way full and regret agreeing to the fries. Besides over eating, I know the sodium content was way high... I'm not hopeful for tomorrow's weigh in. :(

Despite this I am certain I can get back to eating right. With all of you as my conscious, I know it's possible! :D

Niki....don't let one meal get you down...hey, you could have had the whole burger as well, and you didn't:)....There are always going to be opportunities to overdo...:mad:

This weekend with two mothers day dinners...is one example....one thing we (me and DW)need to change is the fact that just about all of our social activities involve eating, and usually not on plan and to excess....don't know what to do about it but something has to change:confused::confused::confused:

I am happy to say that, while I didn't lose any weight this week, I didn't gain either! :D That's a relief.

Starting weight: 142
Last week: 132
This week 132
Week's change: -0
Total change: -10

That's all folks! ;)

I was hoping for more but I will take any downward movement....I still have five pound to go before I am back to my lowest ThrowDown weight of 197....I will feel like I'm playing catch up until I'm back there.

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................204
This week....................202
Weekly Change............-2
Total Loss......................31

I am happy to say that, while I didn't lose any weight this week, I didn't gain either! :D That's a relief.

Starting weight: 142
Last week: 132
This week 132
Week's change: -0
Total change: -10

That's all folks! ;)

Good job:).....told ya that 1/2 hamburger and fries would not do you in:)....By the way, I'm still waiting for my half:D:p

Gee,
I'm offline for 18 hours and I miss the mush that our Fearless Leader is dispensing!:rolleyes: Throw some more of that mush my way!:p

Thanks Cooker, for the nice words, but all I do is represent fair and balanced regarding banned substances!;)

Congratulations Niki on staying the same, and congratulations, Cooker, on your two pound loss! You are really back on track, and that helps all of us.:)

I'm down 3 pounds from last week, so I'm happy.

I am having major trouble with my computer, so if I don't post later on to congratulate our other losers, it's only because I can't.:(

Ref, down 3; Cooker, down 2; Niki, holding steady -- all great, way to go, folks. :)

I am up a couple of pounds, and down in mood. Now both knees seem to be degenerating and that makes it hard to get productive exercise right now. I return to the doctor May 15 and hopefully we can make some kind of game plan.

Sorry to be a dark cloud. Superbob is not earning all that mush that was ladled out yesterday. :(

Ok its only been a few days but heres my weigh in.
Starting weight 103kg (227.07lb)
Last report 88.5kg (195.1lb)
Today 80kg (194lb)
Loss - 0.5kg (1.1lb)
Total loss - 15kg (-33.07lb)

I thought I was doing poorly in the weight loss department.
The folks here seem to support each other with their loss and that is just what I need now.
I have been fluctuating for some time at about 90kg (198.4lb)
But the enthusiasm here has spurred me on to new losses.
Heres to being the biggest looser ( I hate that show)

Seriousely the more I loose the better I feel and the encouragement helps no end :D

After reading all the good motivational reports - I'm off to have my cottage cheese and strawberries for breakfast!

Latest posts

Back