Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 5-16

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was up a bit, but less than half a pound. Considering I partied a lot last weekend and was up more than 2 lbs early in the week, it was a good recovery.

Okie dokie...

restart weight 176
last week 169
today 169
Loss since restart -7
loss since last Sept -14 was at 183 then:eek:
I will take it-awesome job everyone!!!! Esp you Cooker:D Deb

Okay, Superbob has lost 4 pounds since last Friday's weigh-in. That's really a getting-back-on-track loss because last Friday's number was up as a result of feeling-sorry-for-himself eating.

Because of his new challenge, Superbob is using this point to re-set his starting weight. Basically, after all the downs and ups, he has lost 20 pounds since last July 30. Weighed a really ridiculous 280 then. Now weigh an even 260.

From now on, Superbob will use his new "starting weight" as 260 to push himself to lose the next 20-pound bundle. Need to accomplish that (and then lose another 20-pound bundle) in order to be an active old codger instead of one pushed around in a wheelchair or using a walker -- or moveable only by fork lift. :D

SuperBob....sounds like a good plan....congrats on this weeks loss!!!!!

Yahooo:D:D....I have had a week filled with fiber, fruit and salads.......And no "prunes" or "quick purge" just in case the weight loss police are suspicious:cool:

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................20
This week....................197
Weekly Change............-5
Total Loss......................36

Wow, Cooker -- you have completely wiped out the week of eating all the Amish baked goods in sight -- and then some. You are truly the leader of the pack. Congrats!

Great job Cooker and Superbob!

I've come to realize that there is a fine line between beating yourself up about weight and keeping yourself on task. The latter has motivation as a component that helps, the former makes you feel discouraged and just makes you want to head to the refrigerator for a tube of cookie dough!!!!

I'm tempted to weigh this morning, but I'm afraid if there's no change or if I've gained back what I lost since I plateaued (4 lbs) I'll just beat myself up and my motivation will take a severe hit. - So maybe next week.

Congrats to everyone for sticking with it.

Good job, Deb!:)
Good job, Sumo!:)
Great job, SB!:):)
Fantastic job, Cooker!:):):)
Karlynn, I'm glad you're sticking with what's working for you.:) I need the scales for my motivation, but I recognize that we're all different.
I lost a half pound since last week, and that makes a loss of just over 10 pounds since I joined WW 8 weeks ago.
I am DETERMINED :eek:to lose two pounds, or more, this upcoming week.
Wish me luck!

Good job, Deb!:)
Good job, Sumo!:)
Great job, SB!:):)
Fantastic job, Cooker!:):)
Karlynn, I'm glad you're sticking with what's working for you.:) I need the scales for my motivation, but I recognize that we're all different.
I lost a half pound since last week, and that makes a loss of just over 10 pounds since I joined WW 8 weeks ago.
I am DETERMINED :eek:to lose two pounds, or more, this upcoming week.
Wish me luck!

Way to go Ref...one half down....no frown:D

I think I should mention the fact that I have no faith in my electronic scales is a problem. A few weeks ago I got on and it jumped around by 5 pounds before it settled on a weight. So I got off and got on again and it registered an even higher weight. And the weight that it registered was a new lifetime high, and I know by the way my clothes fit that it cannot be the case.

What brand and type of scales is everyone weighing on. Can you recommend one you feel is accurate?

I think I should mention the fact that I have no faith in my electronic scales is a problem. A few weeks ago I got on and it jumped around by 5 pounds before it settled on a weight. So I got off and got on again and it registered an even higher weight. And the weight that it registered was a new lifetime high, and I know by the way my clothes fit that it cannot be the case.

What brand and type of scales is everyone weighing on. Can you recommend one you feel is accurate?

Karlynn....I think I mentioned in a previous thread that I bought some doctor scales some years ago....upright sliding weight style....I am very pleased with them and they have a worm screw for easy calibration if you have to move them.....I think I paid between $250 and $300....well wroth it for us.

Sounds like you have some pretty high tech scales....That's really getting down to the OZ's:D

It's a WW brand scale and it measures to .1 lb. I bought it at Kohl's last year (about $50-60) when I found my old scales were off by 3.5 lbs. But it isn't quite as accurate as the WW official scales. There can still be a bit of a difference between mine and the ones at the WW mtgs, but they're not usually off by more than half a lb.

A good scale is half the game. That's the key to seeing real progress when you might otherwise think you're on a plateau. Remember the graph I posted last week with the daily ups and downs? The weekly average filters out the variations and shows real gains or losses that aren't apparent with the jagged daily plot.

Good job on the 5 lbs Cooker!
I'm doing the slow but steady, having lost 1 pound of the 2-vacation-plus-1-extra I needed to remove. How come it's always faster and more fun to put the weight on???? I miss chocolate, and I have another date with the elliptial machine this evening, but I feel better than when I was eating all that nasty vacation food. I refuse to grow out of my brand-new wardrobe!
Start weight 169-ish
maintenance weight 125
last week 128
this week 127
net -1

It's a WW brand scale and it measures to .1 lb. I bought it at Kohl's last year (about $50-60) when I found my old scales were off by 3.5 lbs. But it isn't quite as accurate as the WW official scales. There can still be a bit of a difference between mine and the ones at the WW mtgs, but they're not usually off by more than half a lb.

I've got the same scale.

I know whatever I weigh on it, I'll weigh at the meeting.

First of all, congrats to all stayers, losers & slight gainers...all can be forms of success, depending on the week. Karlynn, I agree with Mary that it's great you're in a place the works for you; don't blame you for not wanting to know what the "scale" says. Mary, good job, 10 pounds is a big difference.

Our weigh-ins from Tuesday:

CINDY:

Re-start weight: 170.4
Last week: 159.8
This week: 159.4
Change: -.4 lbs.
Total loss: 11 lbs.

WISE:

Re-start weight: 204.8
Last week: 195.4
This week: 193.6
Change: -1.8 lbs.
Total loss: 11.2 lbs.

Good job on the 5 lbs Cooker!
I'm doing the slow but steady, having lost 1 pound of the 2-vacation-plus-1-extra I needed to remove. How come it's always faster and more fun to put the weight on???? I miss chocolate, and I have another date with the elliptial machine this evening, but I feel better than when I was eating all that nasty vacation food. I refuse to grow out of my brand-new wardrobe!
Start weight 169-ish
maintenance weight 125
last week 128
this week 127
net -1

Way to go Laurie:D:D....One pound a week seems to be a reasonable goal.....If I can do that I will reach my goal before Christmas....Again, WAY TO GO:D:D

First of all, congrats to all stayers, losers & slight gainers...all can be forms of success, depending on the week. Karlynn, I agree with Mary that it's great you're in a place the works for you; don't blame you for not wanting to know what the "scale" says. Mary, good job, 10 pounds is a big difference.

Our weigh-ins from Tuesday:

CINDY:

Re-start weight: 170.4
Last week: 159.8
This week: 159.4
Change: -.4 lbs.
Total loss: 11 lbs.

WISE:

Re-start weight: 204.8
Last week: 195.4
This week: 193.6
Change: -1.8 lbs.
Total loss: 11.2 lbs.

Good job Cindy and Wise :D:D....that WW downward spiral feels pretty good doesn't it??? :D:D

Cindy says:

Superbob, you've done really well this week! I'm so glad for your good doctor's report. I had a fall on my knee last October with a lot of pain in it after that. I could walk in limited amounts for several months. I couldn't take a walk for exercise. That was hard on my and my dog. I finally went to physical therapy in January; they did Iontophoresis treatments and exercise, which helped. The treatments particularly helped the pain. After about eight weeks my therapist taped my knee cap, pulling it very slightly to the inside; after that is when I really saw improvement in my knee pain level. I probably have some minor meniscus tearing, but now my knee feels so much better compared to three months ago. I feel that it is slowly healing on its own. We're able to walk again for exercise and I can already tell that losing 11 pounds has helped lessen the pain further. It might be downright amazing once I lose a significant number of pounds. My therapist told me that one pounds of weight is equal to three pounds of pressure on your knees.

I hope this encouraging coming from someone who has been through something similar. You probably have better days ahead.

Cindy

I went to Amazon and ordered this scale -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AHSA8

and then I also got this - We used this at Curves when I went.
I found it motivating in that if I wasn't losing weight I could see if my BMI/body fat was changing. This let me know if the fat was turning to muscle. (so to speak - I know it really doesn't do that. :) ) I would imagine that those with pacemakers should not use this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FYZMYK

I should also say I'm working out on my Total Trainer 4 days a week and I'm looking forward to getting my Wii Fit soon.

This Throw Down really is invaluable to me. Like I've said before- I wish you all lived close by!

Latest posts

Back