Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 12-28

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wise said:
I weighed this morning. I was ugly. Forgive me if I don't confess. It was a step in the right direction to even weigh. I am really happy for everyone for doing so well. I'm one of those who can gain 5 lbs when everyone else would gain 1 lb., but, in this case, 5 lbs. wasn't all I gained :mad: :eek: . I'm either going to be my own worst enemy or my very best friend; time to be a friend to my body.

Our dryer is most likely dead, so we'll probably have to shop for one today. Happy New Year to us. :rolleyes: There will be no major stress eating though. We may eat much lighter tonight than we were planning. We have a New Year's Day brunch with our Sunday school class tomorrow, then it's back to discipline.

Happy New Years to all Throwdowners!

Wise

Wise, It is a proven scientific fact that the gravitational pull on the 31st of December is all out of wack.:D No weight measuring device can be trusted until the 7th of January.:D :D

This information has been verified By Chimp, Chimp and Chimp LLC:cool:

Returned home after spending a week..in our motorhome..(really just a place to go for peace/quiet):D after playing with Grands.....I weighted this morning..and was surprised that I had only gained 1 lb.....after eating out for 3 family dinners at local restaurants..eating several lunches out..Taking the Grands to see Alvin And The Chipmunks.sharing a bucket of popcorn.:eek: ..and the Christmas Day Feast.at daughter's house.. and eggnog, ect....:p ........so back to the 170 mark....I think it was because of all the shopping, walking, ect..that I did not gain more.Now, home again..will have my New years day Southern food tomorrow..Pork, black-eyed peas, ect..and hope to start back on Wed.getting that extra 1 lb. back off....Good Luck to all in 2008..with your weight-loss.:) Bonnie

Don't know if exercise progress will be embedded here or in a separate thread. Either way is fine with me, but I know exercise has to play an increasing role for me in '08.

Today, Sadie the Superdawg and I took a New Year's Eve walk along the nearby Appalachian Trail. Did some steep inclines up near Black Horse Gap (elevation 2500 feet). Had some exhilarating views down into the valley but had to step carefully because leaves were slick from yesterday's rains.

Feel like I had a real workout -- legs are feeling the exertion, which means I need more of it. So I am looking forward to doing more of this in the New Year.

Bob

Bob

Exercise at home is a problem for me..like you, I live high in the mountains..where the sun never hits some of the sidewalks, roads, ect..Being on coumadin. I am always looking for those slick spots..:eek: Even tho, the sun came out today..I noticed walking the dog..that some of the leaves in the shade still looked frosty at 4 P.M..(had a low of 30 degrees this morning) and the Atlanta weatherman just said..on T.V. very cold mornings for several days.:( meaning..I will have to ride down below to get some walking in......No malls where I live..:p Bonnie

Ugh! I got on the scale this morning... It was NOT pretty. I knew it wouldn't be after stuffing myself last night at a Mexican restaurant. Darn chips and salsa! :mad:

Oh, well. At least today I got off my rear and walked for 30 minutes, then did some palates when I got back. I hope to be MUCH more active today that I have been the last several days. Gotta start 2008 off right! :D

Here is wishing everyone a great 2008 of weight loss and improved health!!! My dieting has not been the healthiest and therefor my results have been up and down and lately mostly up.:eek: I have decide to join my wife with Weight Watchers, the point system. I did it years ago and was successful. My weight loss will not be as fast but this should help me have a change in eating habits that I can live with, not near as much self denial.

Good luck losing in 2008!!!!!!

I have a question re my daily 12 ozs. of wine and coumadin....

Like you Cooker, I've returned to a program that has worked well for me in the past, Slim 4 Life (rather draconian compared to WW), but wine isn't on the program until I'm to my goal weight. My question is (since I haven't gotten approved for my own testing machine yet) how should I compensate for what not having alcohol will do to my coumadin levels? I discovered, the hard way as some of you may recall, what having more than that will do, like blood in my urine. I don't expect the latter to happen but am not due to have an INR ck for 3 wks. and I don't want to blow my good start on this program by drinking wine just to keep my coumadin status quo. Any suggestions or should I look elsewhere for an answer? I'm still trying to figure this all out and the whole thing is making me feel rather dyslexic.

Thanks for your help!
heartfelt

heartfelt said:
I have a question re my daily 12 ozs. of wine and coumadin....

Like you Cooker, I've returned to a program that has worked well for me in the past, Slim 4 Life (rather draconian compared to WW), but wine isn't on the program until I'm to my goal weight. My question is (since I haven't gotten approved for my own testing machine yet) how should I compensate for what not having alcohol will do to my coumadin levels? I discovered, the hard way as some of you may recall, what having more than that will do, like blood in my urine. I don't expect the latter to happen but am not due to have an INR ck for 3 wks. and I don't want to blow my good start on this program by drinking wine just to keep my coumadin status quo. Any suggestions or should I look elsewhere for an answer? I'm still trying to figure this all out and the whole thing is making me feel rather dyslexic.

Thanks for your help!
heartfelt

I am not quite sure what you are asking:confused: I know that consistency in your diet is the key to getting and staying stable. I don't drink so I have never had to deal withe INR and alcohol issue. I know many here enjoy wine, beer....etc with no ill effects. Over doing anything can cause problems but I don't think alcohol in consistent moderation is a problem. You may want to ask this in the anti-coagulation area.

Thanks Cooker! I guess my concern was if I suddenly quit drinking 12ozs. of wine that it would skew my INR. Maybe it isn't enough to be a concern at all. Since I don't monitor my INR myself at home I am pretty clueless and find I have to second guess, alot of the time, what causes it to not be stable or what I've done when it is stable.

I think I'll just quit worrying and let the chips fall where they may.
I appreciate the help!
heartfelt

Latest posts

Back