Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 12-28

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Ok “losers”, this is the last weigh in of 2007!!!!!:) And I am sure that we will have great success stories in 2008!!:D I am expecting to report a gain tomorrow but I am half way back on track and expect to be in full losing mode any day now!!! I can still button my pants, that’s a good sign……………….of course I’m buttoning them around my ankles…..LOL:D :p :D

I have a feeling that my weigh in will be the wake up call I need to get myself back on track. Thus far, I can honestly say I'm not too happy with how I look in the holiday photos. Since there aren't too many days left where I can party down in 2007, I'm thinkin' that remaking the commitment to getting my weight back down to where it was when I had to have heart surgery might be a good plan.

So Cooker, how much weight did you lose when you lost all that hair? Maybe shaving my head is the weigh to go!

heartfelt

heartfelt said:
I have a feeling that my weigh in will be the wake up call I need to get myself back on track. Thus far, I can honestly say I'm not too happy with how I look in the holiday photos. Since there aren't too many days left where I can party down in 2007, I'm thinkin' that remaking the commitment to getting my weight back down to where it was when I had to have heart surgery might be a good plan.

So Cooker, how much weight did you lose when you lost all that hair? Maybe shaving my head is the weigh to go!

heartfelt

12lbs:D Chimp hair weighs more than human:p

I wieighed the same this morning as last Friday,129 lbs. Not too bad for all the eating I did over Christmas. My goal for 2008 is to lose 19 lbs. I am only 4feet 11 inches in my low heels. The doctor wants me to weigh 110. I have cholestrol and Triglyceride issues. So.after black-eyed peas,collards and corn bread New Years day I am going to really try to eat healthier and cut back on the wine and margarita consumption.

Ok gang, here is my holiday damage......

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................213
This week....................214
Weekly Change............+1
Total Loss......................20

My lowest weight (the week before Thanksgiving) was 205 lbs, so it seems that I managed (just barely) to stay with in a 10 lbs (my goal) gain for the holiday season!! I'm happy with that. I ate everything I wanted and then some:eek:

I know 2008 will be a great year of weight loss for us all.....Happy New Year!!!

Congratulations Sue, and Cooker, you hung in there too!

I was up one pound this morning, so overall the holiday eating resulted in a two pound gain over my lowest weight. However I think I'm back on track, and I intend to have a loss next Friday.

See you all then!

I'm not an avid reader of the small talk forum so have only seen these posts since the move to the active lifestyles forum so forgive me for this simple question....i thought it was just tracking Cooker's weight loss but have just seen someone else post their weight loss so are these weigh in's an open entry or do you have to have been in it from the start to post?

I have 25 kilos i'd like to see the back of and to be honest, the public humiliation of posting my weight online every friday is the kick in the pants i need.

It would be nice to join in from 2008 onwards if that would be ok with those who have taken part so far?.

Magic8ball, of course you can join us! The more the merrier. :D And you're right. The "public humiliation" of posting our weight every week is what helps keep us on track! (or me, anyway) Go ahead and post your starting weight today and you can keep us updated as 2008 progresses.

Cooker and Sue, good job! 2008 is going to be a piece of cake (um- I mean granola? :confused: ) after surviving the holidays. Keep up the excellent work!

Here's my damage:

Starting weight: 142
Last week: 131
This week: 131 :eek:
Change this week: 0
Total change: -11

Do not ask me how it is even close to possible for me to be the same weight as last week. I was completely shocked. After all the sodium I've managed to consume this past week I thought for sure I would have gained at least 5 pounds. I am pleasantly surprised, to say the least. Now if I could just make it over the 130 barrier in 2008, I'll be a happy camper!

I admire and respect those who are continuing to post your weights over the holidays. However, my family has had its biggest family Christmas ever. If I get on the scales this morning, it will make me want to chuck it all and say the heck with it. Instead (as I proposed some days ago) I am going to take a break and resume the weigh-ins when life and the diet get back into a routine. Probably will rejoin Jan. 4 or Jan. 11 (if I haven't been expelled from this elite group by then.) :)

Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year!

Magic8Ball said:
I'm not an avid reader of the small talk forum so have only seen these posts since the move to the active lifestyles forum so forgive me for this simple question....i thought it was just tracking Cooker's weight loss but have just seen someone else post their weight loss so are these weigh in's an open entry or do you have to have been in it from the start to post?

I have 25 kilos i'd like to see the back of and to be honest, the public humiliation of posting my weight online every friday is the kick in the pants i need.

It would be nice to join in from 2008 onwards if that would be ok with those who have taken part so far?.

MB??.only tracking my weight?..I am humbled??I assure that my importance or more precisely lack there of in no way would cause the success that this thread has seen. All are welcome!!! There is no doubt that accountability has had much to do with the weight loss we all have had. Start today if you like and then post next Friday with your loss.

It might be helpful if you would post in pounds or give those of us (me) a conversion factor??.This American?s ignorance of the metric system is shameful. :eek:

RobHol said:
I admire and respect those who are continuing to post your weights over the holidays. However, my family has had its biggest family Christmas ever. If I get on the scales this morning, it will make me want to chuck it all and say the heck with it. Instead (as I proposed some days ago) I am going to take a break and resume the weigh-ins when life and the diet get back into a routine. Probably will rejoin Jan. 4 or Jan. 11 (if I haven't been expelled from this elite group by then.) :)

Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year!

Expelled? Never!! Jump back in when ready???but please keep your SUPERPOWERS available!!

OH to have Chimp hair!!! I'd be shaving my entire body; I might be cold, but I'd weigh alot less.

With alot of trepidation I jumped onto the scale this a.m., possibly with the hope of breaking it from jumping, but to my surprise, I was up only two pounds! Wow! I am so happy the holiday damage wasn't worse. It could have been so much worse!

Yeh, I'm finding that posting my weight here is encouraging me to take it down too. My drs. would love to see me at my pre-surgery weight of 146, and then 10 more off. They actually told me to quit losing weight before I went into surgery. After surgery I dropped to 137 and, quite frankly, it kind of scared me. I think some of my weight gain this past yr. has been to get myself grounded, but I know some of it has been anger at coumadin and (before coming here) not being able to live my life quasi-normally. These threads have taught me that I can live pretty normally and there is no need to be uptight about what I can and can't do. So thanks for that everyone. I am looking at my new year through different eyes than I did last yr. and it's helping me renew my efforts for good health rather than dieting to be thin, or feeling debilitated by being on coumadin.

We're ending this yr. by going to a funeral this morning. I have my INR cked on monday...another big hurdle since I've had a devil of a time trying to regulate it. Fortunately, I now have my name in the que to try and get my own monitor. I don't expect to hear about it until next week, or ?, but at least the ball is rolling. That is also thanks to these threads; I didn't even know I could monitor it myself!

Downward everyone!
heartfelt

beginning weight 160
weigh in today 162

Holy cow! How (and when) did this happen?! I went shopping today (had some GCs burning a hole in my pocket) and figured, since I'd lost a bit of weight, I could probably go down a size. I WAS a size 8-10. So I grabbed mostly size 6... And it was too big!!! :eek: I ended up buying two pairs of slacks in a size 4, and several blouses in small (previously needed medium)! I am absolutely floored (and thrilled). And it's all thanks to this thread right here. :D :D

Thanks for the invite, just weighed myself and what initially sounded like a good idea no longer does..:(

I was just watching the biggest loser US series last night and thinking to myself...."if only i was that big i could apply and get a great start with loads of help'...as watching it in Pounds and weighing yourself in kilos kinda fools you into a happy place...

To qualify my weight **coughs** i am 6ft4ins tall so i carry it well :D

My starting weight is.........123Kg which converts to 277lbs in American speak :eek: .

277lbs for Gods sake :mad: ....i'm expecting a call from the Miami Dolphins once ive posted this...i used to be around 240 (not light either) so 28 pounds have snuck onto me whilst sitting inactive for 15 months wondering if i was going to make it another week.:mad:

So my goal weight....well lets set it bands....my first goal is around 110kg or 240lbs.....then 100kg or 220lbs then 95kg or 209lbs....once i reach that weight i'll reassess and see if i want to push to 90kg or 198lbs.

I have done this before (about 9 years ago) and got down to 210lbs and i was thin and it was difficult to get lower hence the reason for the reassessment once i get down around that weight again...i think if i went much lower than 90kg my family would book me into an eating disorder clinic.

Once again, thanks for letting me come play your game :)

Of course it's a wonderful idea! Just think what you'll be able to accomplish. When you look back in a few months, you'll be glad you joined us. :D I know we are!

First, congrats Niki -- doesn't this make shopping for clothes fun again? You are a dedicated Throw-Downer!

And Magic, you have inspired me to come out of my holiday hiding and put weights up here now instead of wimping out til the new year.

You and I could be the offensive tackles for one of the NFL teams. (The Dolphins are a good pick -- they need help. :D

I am 6-1. I started at 280. I had gotten down to 259 before the feasting, but now I am up to 262. Gain of 3 pounds since last weigh-in.

My goals are similar to yours: I want to lose another 20 pounds during 2008, and then reassess and set the next goal. If I get to 220 (okay, WHEN I get to 220), I think that would be a realistic weight for me to maintain. It would be slender given my body type and past history. (It would be about my weight when I played football in school.)

So hopefully we can hang in here together and encourage each other, along with all the other good folks here....

Cheers,

Superbob, three pounds is a triumph when battling the holidays! You will drop those quickly, I'm sure. I'm so, so confident that we will all be back on track for 2008. :D

Gnusgal said:
Holy cow! How (and when) did this happen?! I went shopping today (had some GCs burning a hole in my pocket) and figured, since I'd lost a bit of weight, I could probably go down a size. I WAS a size 8-10. So I grabbed mostly size 6... And it was too big!!! :eek: I ended up buying two pairs of slacks in a size 4, and several blouses in small (previously needed medium)! I am absolutely floored (and thrilled). And it's all thanks to this thread right here. :D :D
Great job Niki....it's nice to hear the excitement that you have! Every encouraging!!!

Latest posts

Back